PRINT PRODUCTION MANAGER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Production Manager existing at Montfort Media, a leading printing and publishing house based in Balaka.
Purpose of the job
To ensure that print products are of the highest quality, which includes the color, shape, and sharpness of the final product? To manage deadlines and give final approval of print jobs before they see production.
- Print production manager’s work will be to organize, control and monitor the flow of printed materials in our printing and publishing house
- The print production manager will check schedules, confirm product specifications, arrange adjustments, oversee the work of staff in the print department, monitor the quality of the product and ensure deadlines are met
- The print production manager will ensure that print production assistants arrange page layouts of books, magazine articles, photographs and advertising, draw up headlines and prepare copy for printing
- The print production manager will work as part of a team that includes sales managers, editors, graphic designers and directors.
- The print production manager’s responsibility will also involve coordinating the process of printing according to company requirements
- Recommending efficient, time-saving project production flows
- Identifying and selecting appropriate options for binding, inks, paper, varnishes, and special printing processes
- Writing effective creative briefs and print specs that reflect client goals, printing requirements, scheduling, and budget constraints
- Communicating the designer’s requirements to clients
- Creating and managing print production schedules
- Examining finished samples and approving quality before delivery to client
Skills and qualities
- A passion for the craft of printing
- Ability to think on your feet and to troubleshoot and solve problems at short notice
- Ability to anticipate pitfalls and steer projects around them
- Ability to manage and implement change
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
A minimum of a Diploma in printing and related areas from a recognized institution. Those with experience and higher qualifications in print media will have an added advantage.
Method of application
Applications should include detailed Curriculum Vitae with three (3) traceable referees, copies of certified education and professional certificates and sent to the address below not later than 17th May 2022.
The Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 280
Montfort Media is committed to diversity and inclusivity and encourages potential qualified female and male candidates to apply