POSITION: NETWORK INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN (9 POSTS
Direct Supervisor: Power/Hardware Engineer
Location: Southern Zone (3), Eastern Zone (3) & Central Zone (3).
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
Under the Supervision of the Network/Hardware Engineer, the primary focus of the incumbent is to install LAN, servers, routers, switches with adherence to standards and design. Identify and resolve any deficiencies in materials to maximize installation efficiencies.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
- LAN installation in project sites with adherence to standards and design.
- Installation of Servers, Routers, Switches in 22U Racks and 6U/9U cabinets and neat installation of Access Points for wireless network.
- Identify and resolve any deficiencies in LAN installation or materials.
- Mount switches, routers, servers and access points neatly.
- Determine materials, equipment, and installation sequences necessary to maximize installation efficiency.
- Trunking, piping, cabling and cable termination for all network points and patch panels.
- New Systems commissioning and old systems decommissioning.
- Adhere to daily and weekly schedules for project activities as directed by your supervisor.
To be successful, you will need to have:
- Diploma/Certificate in Computer Science, Computer Studies or Telecommunications
- Hands on experience in LAN installation works. Those with experience with working with CISCO devices will have an added advantage
- LAN cable termination on the patch panel, data sockets and with RJ-45 connectors.
- Knowledge of Electronic circuits, computer hardware, computer networks, Computer Software, installation and repair
- Ability to mount radios and alignment on the roof tops.
- Strong knowledge of Site safety practices and standards
- Visual thinker good at problem solving and Implementing ideas.
- Experience operating hand and power tools, soldering and fault-testing equipment.
- Ability to climb ladders, bend and kneel repeatedly and work at heights and confined spaces.
- Physically fit and able to carry heavy objects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions.
We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness.
We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential.
The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: BIPOC, women and non-binary, LGBTQIA+, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other members of marginalized communities.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 17th May, 2022
APPLY THROUGH LINK: