Msilikali SACCO, an affiliate of Malawi Union of Savings & Credit Cooperatives Ltd (MUSCCO), is a member owned and democratically controlled financial cooperative society that aims at providing quality and affordable financial services to its members (Malawi Defence Force Employees) , invites application from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions.
POSITION: SENIOR CREDIT OFFICER – LILONGWE
Reporting to the Operations and Credit Manager, is responsible for the credit granting, reviewing and assessment, with the goal of optimizing the mix of the loan portfolio growth and managing portfolio at risk to acceptable levels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Grow a healthy loan book and also develop and review the loan products periodically
- Ensure the portfolio at risk (par) is maintained within acceptable policy limits
- Offer an oversight role in managing SACCO loans and ensure all loans are insured
- Verify proper collateral documentation before loan disbursement
- Ensure security perfection before the loans are disbursed
- Generate loan reports to the management for presentation to the board
- Review borrower requests for loan extensions, refinances, or any changes to original loan terms to the line Manager
- Recommend changes to the lending policy to management
- Approve loans within the limit and facilitate further approval for loans above the limit
- Handle and manage members / clients with difficult loan cases
- Supervise and appraise the credit officers
- Market and cross-sell the Sacco products and services
- Ensure compliance to Credit Reference Bureau regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Degree in Business Administration / Finance / Banking with 3 years’ work experience at senior level
- Must be over 30 years of age
- Understanding of SACCO or Financial Cooperative business model
- Great interpersonal skills and customer service.
- Quick decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Have excellent financial analysis skills
- Possess analytical and critical thinking skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications should be forwarded to the addressee below not later than 20th May 2022.
The General Manager
Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged. MSILIKALI SACCO is an equal opportunity employer.