The Lilongwe Water Board is a Statutory Corporation established in 1947 and re-constituted under the Water Works Act (Cap 72). It is responsible for the provision of water supply services to the City of Lilongwe and other surrounding areas designated as its supply area.
The Board is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates of Malawian origin to fill the vacant positions that exist within the Board.
IT ASSISTANTS (SYSTEMS SUPPORT)
Reporting to the Assistant IT Officer, the IT Assistant will be responsible for the followinng:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing timely first line systems and hardware support to front end
- Installing, configuring, repairing, and upgrading all hardware equipment while ensuring optimal performance users
•Supporting the Systems Developer through the entire Systems Developrnent tife Cycle
- Troubleshooting and resolving system and hardware related problems.
- Managing the iT service cesk systern and ensuring that all issues are escalated to relevant f pesonnel in agreert time frames.
- Consolidating and analyzing IT service desk issues and providing weekly reports to the supervisor.
- Managing IT inventory and backup of computer software and applications.
- Making sure that alt computers have the latest software updates and patches
- Demonstrating outstanding commitment to service delivery programs of the Board by personalty identifying and reporting water bursts/leakages to customer care Division of which verifiable repair records shall be tendered to be used as one of the components for assessment during one’s performance appraisal time.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
A minimum of Dipioma in T and with a proven two (2) years’ experience in
Systems Development plus the ability to work with the following software development tools
- Back end: PHP, C#, Java, Android
- DBMS: MySOL, SQL.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application letters, copies of certificates, a Curriculum Vitae and a copy of National Identification Card with details of three traceable referees not later than 16th August, 2022 to;
The Chief Executive Officer
P.O Box 96
Those that do not submit copies of certificates will not be considered for shortlisting and only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
Lilongwe Water Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Canvassing will Lead to disqualification.