Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Job by BICC-CODES (Brethren in Christ Church–Compassion and Development Services)
Posted: May 5/5/2022
Agriculture, Development and Project Management, Economics
Blantyre, with more than 70% travel to Chikwawa district (the project site)
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: As per the salary scale of the organization
Brethren in Christ Church, Malawi (BICC-Malawi), partnered with Mennonite Central Committee (MCC), to provide food and other items to affected communities in two districts including Chikwawa District in the aftermath of Cyclone Idai in 2019. BICC’s relief and development arm, Compassionate and Development Services (CODES), continued working with communities in Chikwawa for a year following Cyclone Idai. In 2021 BICC-CODES started implementing a three-year food security project named ‘Agricultural Improvements for Climate Resilience (AICR)’.
BICC-CODES would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the following position:
Position: Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (PMEL)
Duty Station: Blantyre, with 70 % travel to Chikwawa district where the project located
Type of Contract: Fixed
Salary: As per the organization’s salary scale
The PMEL officer will be responsible for the overall coordination, planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the overall Agricultural Improvements for Climate Resilience (AICR) and other projects. He /She will be responsible for coordination of program/project design, planning, monitor project implementation and to ensure the organization’s M&E system is properly applied. The position holder will also provide training and technical assistance to government stakeholder staff in monitoring and evaluation and project design. Moreover, he/she will be responsible for building the capacity of project team (BICC-CODES) in PMEL; to document, facilitate and disseminate lessons learned on a regular basis.
Key Result #1 – Planning
- Draw up plans, proposals, and budget for new projects/extensions in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Develops project planning and monitoring guidelines with the context of the project jointly with BICC CODES team.
- Coordinates, prepares and documents annual and detailed implementation plans in collaboration with project team and government stakeholders.
- Prepares concept notes and on the shelf proposals that can be used as input for future project/program development;
- Makes sure that annual operational plans are prepared in line with the agreed upon project proposals and compile justifications for any deviations from the plan;
- Makes sure that project planning endeavors are participatory that is, involving all stakeholders including primary beneficiaries.
Key Result # 2-Project implementation
- Play lead role in program/project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all projects in a specific project area he/she assigned to;
- Devises efficient system to ensure timely transfer of food to project beneficiaries in case of emergency food aid projects.
- Facilitate and coordinate program implementation on the basis of the plan.
Key Result #3 – Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Based on the annual activity and budget plan, make regular field visit to check the proper implementation of all sectors and furnish monitoring reports to the Programs Manager for timely decision making;
- Compile periodic progress reports (quarterly, biannually, and annual) of all projects and submit to the Programs Manager for verification.
- Keep proper documentation of project proposals, periodic reports, agreements and other documents related to project design, monitoring, evaluation and reporting both in soft and hard copy;
Key Result #4 – Coordination and Networking
- Liaise with government institutions and other NGOs regarding project design, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of activities.
Job Level Specifications
- Strong Interpersonal skills,
- Emotional maturity,
- Cross-cultural Sensitivity,
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
Experience & Education
- 4 years related experience in a relevant position Preferably in NGO Setting. Certificate/ diploma in M & E is an added advantage.
- B.Sc./ BA in Agriculture/ Rural Development/Agricultural economics/Agriculture Extension
- Strong computer skill and knowledge in MS word, MS Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint, Kobo toolbox, ODK, SPSS, STATA and email communication.
- High level of initiative taking.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Knowledge of local language of the intervention area is preferred.
How to apply
Please send your CV, Cover letter, Educational Certificate and Experience certificates via Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: May 20, 2022