Public Service Pension Trust Fund is an Institution which was established in compliance with Pension Act (CAP 55:02) to oversee the administration of the Public Service Contributory Pension Scheme. The Fund is inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians to fill the following positions that exist at Secretariat Office on an annual contracts renewable.
POST : LEGAL SERVICES MANAGER
GRADE : PTF2
REPORTING TO : PRINCIPAL OFFICER
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide legal services.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must be in possession of Bachelor’s Degree in Law, obtained from accredited Institution, he/she should be a member of Malawi Law Society plus a minimum of 5 years of working experience in the legal counsel in the reputable organization.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise management on all legal matters
- Participate in contract negotiations on behalf of the Fund
- Draft contracts between the Fund and other parties
- Vet agreements entered into between the Fund and other parties that were not prepared by the Fund
- Keep track of all the agreements entered into by the Fund so that they are up to date
- Provide legal advice to all departments within the Fund so that they are up to date
- Represent the Fund in all judicial and quasi-judicial functions
- Make follow up on outsourced cases to advocate and keep track of the court proceedings
- Prepare legal defence and documentation in respect of court cases
- Conduct the necessary research in respect of court cases
- Make follow up and prepare the necessary witnesses in court cases
- Institute court cases on behalf of the Fund
- Participate in mediation and arbitration process in court and other legal tribunals
- Manage and monitor risks to which the Legal Services Unit is exposed
- Serve as Fund Secretary
- Coordinate and manage the Governance and Legal Committee.
COMPETENCIES AND APTITUDES
The post holder should have excellent knowledge of corporate law procedures, he/she should have full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a Pension Fund. Demonstrate the ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies, he/she should have high degree of professional ethics and integrity, sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information good interpersonal and outstanding communication skills.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application letters, copies of certificates and Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees not later than 24thJanuary, 2022 to:
The Principal Officer
Public Service Pension Trust Fund
P.O. Box 30146