SOS Children’s Villages Malawi is a non-governmental child development organization which started its operations in Malawi in 1994. We envision every child belonging to a family and growing with love, respect and security. We achieve this through building families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
Through our Children’s Village Programmes (CVP) we support children who have lost parental care and those at risk of losing parental care to develop within a caring family environment to their full potential as contributing members of their respective societies.
We are currently operating 4 SOS Children’s Villages Programmes in Blantyre, Lilongwe, Mzuzu and Ngabu.
It is in this context that we are looking for a suitable candidates to fill vacant positions at our Vocational Training Centre.
POSITION: PROJECT MARKETING OFFICER FOR YOUNG WOMEN TECHNICAL SKILLS EMPOWERMENT PROJECT
(3 YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT)
The Project Marketing Officer is responsible for the running of the Young Women Technical Skills Empowerment Project and he/she reports to the Principal.
Main responsibilities include:
- Project Management
- Support planning and implementation of the project.
- Develop daily plans and monitor operations of the project.
- Work hand in hand with the franchisees
- Identify and report trends and priorities needed for the project.
- Determine the gaps in service delivery and recommend strategies for improvement
- Work collaboratively with communities, trainees and stakeholders,
- Support in creating a database of stakeholders for young women internship; placement and entrepreneurship ventures
- People Management
- Support communication with franchisees including recruitment, hiring, training, guidance and supervision in consultation with the Principal
- Support capacity building of franchisees in consultation with the Principal
- Monitor the implementation of project work plans including those by franchisees
- Administrative and Financial Management of the Project
- Participate in developing the budget for the project in consultation with the Principal
- Support monitoring and management of project expenditures.
- Submit monthly, quarterly and annual statistics and project reports.
- Develop a digital and physical filing system for all project documents.
- Create and manage an equipment and assets database; scheduling and ensuring equipment maintenance
- Facilitate job placements and linkages formulation for in collaboration with franchisees
- Identify markets and secure contracts in partnership with franchisees for products.
- Market the project to would be clients.
- Develop and implement visibility strategies in consultation with the Principal
The suitable candidate must have the following minimum qualifications and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management or relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing projects
- Experience of working with young women in vocational skills is an added advantage
- Capacity to work with multi-disciplinary team and people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chichewa
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to establish partnerships.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested persons should submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to:
The Human Resource Manager
SOS Children’s Villages Malawi
P.O. Box 2359
Or email: email@example.com
Please ensure that you include your full contact details including telephone numbers.
Closing date for receiving applications is 21st January 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.