Public Service Pension Trust Fund is an Institution which was established in compliance with Pension Act (CAP 55:02) to oversee the administration of the Public Service Contributory Pension Scheme.
The Fund is inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians to fill the following positions that exist at Secretariat Office on an annual contracts renewable.
REPORTING TO: PLANNING AND INVESTMENT MANAGER
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To manage and account for financial resources.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must be in possession of Bachelor’s Degree in either Accounting, Business Administration (Accounting) or Finance obtained from accredited Institution plus a minimum of 3 years of Working experience in the relevant field.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare financial statements and arrange for the financial statements to be audited within prescribed time.
- Participate in budget preparation and exercise budgetary controls within the Fund, including provision of reports relating to budgets implementation
- Collect all receipts, make payments and prepare reports related to collections and payments.
- Prepare cash projections to enable sound financial decisions to be made
- Maintain a day-to- day liaison with Fund’s bankers, employers, retirees and pensioners with a view to maintain and improve Controls over cash
- Participate in maintaining a liaison with internal and external auditors in order to achieve effective financial control
- Carry out reconciliation statements for the bank and other accounts to ensure high level of data integrity.
- Coordinate and manage the Finance, Audit and Risk Management Committee.
COMPETENCIES AND APTITUDES
The Post holder should have good interpersonal and communication skills, should have problem solving skills, good prioritizaton skills to deal with high volume of time sensitive tasks quickly, He/she should also possess good analytical skills, he/she should have basic knowledge in stores management, honesty and integrity, attention to details and sound computer literacy.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application letters, copies of certificates and Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees not later than 24thJanuary, 2022 to:
The Principal Officer
Public Service Pension Trust Fund
P.O. Box 30146