Chemonics International Inc, a U.S. based international development consulting firm, seeks the following long-term positions for the USAID Next Generation Early Grade Reading Activity (NextGen) in Malawi.
The $75 million activity aims to solidify and build on the contributions made to date as part of the implementation of Malawi’s National Reading Program (NRP) towards improving the delivery of high-quality early primary reading instruction in all Malawian primary schools.
We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
To apply for any of the below posts, please submit a CV and application through this link:
https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/beab4106c87f4fcbb9835c9ed356779a and select your position of interest on the form.
Please submit your application as soon as possible, as candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis.
This application will close on Friday, June 24th, 2022.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
We are currently seeking qualified professionals for the following posts to be based out of Lilongwe, Malawi, unless otherwise noted.
Accountant, who will be responsible for providing financial support to the project in accordance with Chemonics’ highest standards and USAID regulations.
The accountant will support accounting and financial operations for the Malawi NextGen project ofices, and ensure that basic accounting operations are sustained and accounting policies are followed. S/he will ensure all necessary taxes are withheld from applicable payments, track VAT expenditures, prepare monthiy financial projections and wire transfer requests, and respond to home-office requirements as needed.
S/he will prepare payroll calculations, process payments of vendors, and prepare checks. S/he.will perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting and administrative support
- Knowledge of Malawian tax regulations
- Experience administering a payroll for 30+ staff
- Strong knowledge and understanding of USAID rules and regulations
- Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting systems and software applications, to include QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and other basic computer applications
- Ability to communicate effective, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines consistently
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Written and spoken proficiency in English required.