Organization for Sustainable Socio-Economic Development Initiative (OSSEDI Malawi) is a Non-Governmental Organization established on 26th May, 2004 and registered with the Government of Malawi under incorporation act in the 1962 by-laws of Malawi. OSSEDI Malawi is also well registered with CONGOMA and NGO Board.
Its main mandate is to enhance civil society effective participation in social and economic development of Malawi. It therefore emphasizes on community empowerment in order to improve the quality of service delivery for the community contribution towards national development agenda.
OSSEDI Malawi secured funding from Child Fund Korea to implement the project called Timpatse in Traditional Authority Kabudula in Lilongwe district. The lifespan of the project is 5 years from 2021 to 2025.
The organization therefore invites applications from suitably qualified persons with proven hands-on accounting experience to fill the vacancy of Accountant at its head office in Lilongwe along Nchinji road opposite Njewa Full Primary school.
Duties and responsibilities of the job without limiting the generality thereof, the duties and responsibilities include;
- Preparation of monthly financial reports covering balance sheet, management reports and cash-flow statements
- Setting and monitoring budgets and forecasts
- Preparation and processing of monthly payroll together with associated analysis and reconciliations
- Ensuring that OSSEDI-CFK-TIMPATSE financial system is accurate, robust, compliant and supports current activities
- Handling the requirements of external auditors and regulators
- Reinforcing financial data confidentiality and conduct database back up when necessary
- Maintenance of asset register
Job qualifications, requirements and attributes
- A minimum of diploma in accountancy or Finance from well recognized institution plus a professional qualification in accounting. i.e. ACCA/CIMA;
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in similar position under minimum supervision
- Excellent practical knowledge of QuickBooks
- Accounting organization skills,
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- A keen eye for details and a desire to probe further into data
- Deadline oriented and an ability to stick to constraints
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate effectively both independently and as part of a team
Mode of Application
Interested individuals who meet the requirements above should submit their applications, copies of certificate and updated CVs to the following:
The Chief Executive Officer
Application deadline is 7th August, 2022
OSSEDI is an equal employer.