The Lilongwe Water Board is a Statutory Corporation established in 1947 and re-constituted under the Water Works Act (Cap 72). It is responsible for the provision of water supply services to the City of Lilongwe and other surrounding areas designated as its supply area.
The Board is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates of Malawian origin to fill the vacant positions that exist within the Board.
Reporting to the Accountant, the Accounts Assistants shall be responsible for the following:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Compiling payment vouchers
- Capturing transactions into ledgers;
- Preparing payment vouchers and cheques
- Updating cash books;
- Maintaining petty cash book;
- Capturing salary inputs;
- Filing accounting documents
- Demonstrating outstanding patriotism to service delivery programmes of the Board by personally ider.cifying and reporting water bursts/leakages to customer care division of which verifiable repair records shall be tendered to be used as one of the components for assessment during one’s performance appraisal time.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
Aminimum of a Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) plus a Diploma in Accounting with two (2) years relevant experience or a Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application letters, copies of certificates, a Curriculum Vitae and a copy of National Identification Card with details of three traceable referees not later than 16th August, 2022 to;
The Chief Executive Officer
P.O Box 96
Those that do not submit copies of certificates will not be considered for shortlisting and only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
Lilongwe Water Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Canvassing will Lead to disqualification.