The Lilongwe Academy International School (TLAIS) is an international private school situated in Area 47/4 Lilongwe behind Silver Stadium. The School is founded on the firm belief that every child is unique but all children need excellent education and motivation of their spirit, mind and body are to be well developed as future responsible citizens and leaders. Hence the motto is “Academic Excellence and Beyond!” Its mission is to achieve distinction and excellence in academic performance, sports, conduct and be exemplary in preserving our culture and perfect life skills.
The Lilongwe Academy now invites applications from Candidates who meet the qualifications and experience for the position of Administrator.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Manages logistics and events or meetings
- Manages stores, record-keeping and reporting to management
- Ensure the school complies with relevant laws and regulations
- Ensure they have a hand in the creation and management of the academic calendar
- Communicate with service providers and regulatory bodies
- Assist, facilitate and monitor actions that improve the school and the quality of education (e.g. building renovations, new guidelines for students, new subjects)
- Help shape and uphold the vision, mission, values of the school
- Managing school security, caretakers, and other ground staff.
- Assisting with the hiring, recruitment, training, and onboarding of new staff and any other HR processes
- Assist in establishing and maintaining good relationships with parents, students, and staff at other schools.
- Preparing and submitting administration reports, and other documents
- Managing the Administration Committee and the Academic report for Board
- Manage and run the external programs with external customers
- Assist in leading practices for achievement of high-performance standards
- Assist, monitor, facilitate and manage school policies, guidelines and any other organization regulations, policies, directives and staff related documents
- Monitor financial affairs, including budgets and purchasing of school expenses
- Facilitate and manage the performance management process
- Represent and maintain school image and reputation
- Facilitate, manage and monitor the HR processes in the organization
- Support faculty/departments with training, enrichment, and goal-setting
- Supervise care of the department for safety and quality of physical condition of environment and work space
- Facilitate, organize, support and manage school-related events on week days, weekends and evenings
- Prepare for the upcoming school year during the holiday period
- Determines and ensures the offices has adequate and appropriate resources for execution of tasks.
- Performs personnel and administration duties such as leave administration, motivation, appraisal, counseling and welfare.
- Plans, leads, organize, coordinate monitors and controls implementation of activities at the Academy.
- Controls stationary, telephones, etc.
- Performs the purchasing function for the school
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Managing.
- A bachelor’s degree in administration, human resource, humanities majoring in education or marketing. experience in a school or with a master’s or specialist degree in education administration or a closely related field will have an added advantage
- Gain at least two to three years of teaching experience.
- Be a self-starter with managerial experience
- Able to work under pressure
- Be a good communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills to help you relate to parents, students, academic staff, teachers, senior managers and colleagues in other areas.
- Excellent written communication skills, teamworking skills and the ability to work alone without supervision.
- Ability to deal positively with change, lead change, culture and human resource issues
- Experience in organizing, prioritizing and managing your time and events effectively
- IT skills in areas such as word. Excel, power point and the internet as well as using social media.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their application letter with a detailed CV and proof of qualifications, with at least three traceable references through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or to The Managing Director, The Lilongwe Academy International School, P/Bag B499, Lilongwe 3, not later than 23 September 2022. For more information about the school please visit our Website: www.lilongweacademy.ac.mw
The Lilongwe Academy is an equal opportunity employer, ladies are encouraged to apply!