To invest in the dreams of families in the world’s underserved communities as we proclaim and live the Gospel.
We share the hope of Christ as we provide biblically based training, saving services, loans that restore dignity and break the cycle of poverty.
The love of Jesus Christ motivates us to identify with those living in poverty and be His hands and feet as we strive to glorify God.
The Agriculture Officer will ensure that all Agriculture related activities are implemented very well within HOPE Malawi. The incumbent will assist in the coordination of all agriculture activities and resources including volunteers and ensure achievement of project deliverables within agreed timeframes at both Country program level and the community level.
LOCATION: Lilongwe, Malawi
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: None
FULL JOB SUMMARY
HOPE International implements savings group ministry by equipping and supporting a network of Church partners with a holistic, church-centered savings group ministry. A key area of growth and innovation in the future for HOPE’s Savings Group team is incorporating training and support for Agriculture activities to be deployed alongside the existing SG ministry as a valuable complementary service. This will help strengthen HOPE’s program design to support the church and further the transformation in the lives of individuals in the communities where they serve.
The Agriculture Officer is responsible for Implementing Foundations for Farming and Sowers of HOPE methodology within the church partner programs. Sowers of HOPE (SoH) is HOPE’s initiative to equip churches with theological and technical resources so that Christian Farmers will be catalysts for nutritional, economic, environmental, and spiritual growth in their communities.
Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International.
1.Program Designing, Implementation and Reporting
- Design the program cycle in coordination with the operations manager
- Facilitate the development and implementation of project plans and budgets in collaboration with Operations Manager.
- Preparation of periodic operational plans
- Preparation of progress reports
- Coordination of field level human, financial and material resources of the church partner
programs to ensure efficient resource allocation and utilization for all components;
- In liaison with the Field Coordinator, facilitate monthly program technical reviews and monitoring mentoring meetings with the volunteers
- Facilitate foundations for farming implementation
- Facilitate SOH program Implementation
- Monitoring project activities to ensure smooth project implementation
- Coaching and mentoring of Field coordinators and volunteers to ensure that they achieve their targets and realize program goalProvide recommendations to HOPE Malawi Management on Agriculture program improvement and mitigation of risk
2. Listening, Monitoring & Evaluation
- In Coordination with the LM&E team manage the implementation of Agriculture related LM&E activities with the aim of listening as a ministry. This includes supporting survey design, working with LM&E focal points, training enumerators on conducting surveys, monitoring surveys, analyzing data, and supporting quick listening activities.
- The role also involves collecting program impact stories and sharing stories that communicate the experiences of farmers and their families, and church leaders.
3. Networking and Collaboration
- Maintain close links with the appropriate Government Departments and other organizations (including NGO’s) implementing Social Protection and Economic Development related projects in the districts.
- Provide support to church partners, through coordinating meetings and events, such as Church Partner trainings
- Provide progress reports and updates to church partners and ensure strong communication with Church Partners at all levels.
4. Savings Group Program Team Engagement
- Participate in regular savings group program team meetings and planning/strategy sessions, carrying out assigned tasks and working to support team strategy
- Model servant-leadership while working with both HOPE co-workers and Church partners
- Contribute to a culture that models Biblical principles and incorporates an intentional and
effective Christ-centered witness in all savings group programs.
5. Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
- Actively participate in bi-weekly devotions, monthly meetings, and annual retreats for HOPE staffin order to maintain a focus on the program’s Christ-centered mission and to promote spiritual growth among staff, Facilitators and SG group members.
- Ensure a personal healthy family and work through the adoption of Biblical, personal, spiritual disciplines
6. Other Duties
- Taking on additional duties, responsibilities or assignments that may be outside your core
responsibilities as assigned by Operations Manager or Country Director
- Participate in virtualand physical meetings with HOPE’s regional and Head office staff and other partner organizations (may involve occasional international travel).
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International
- At least Bachelor of Science Degree in Agriculture or any related qualification
- At least 3 years of experience in working with communities in agriculture related interventions
- Understanding of the Savings and Credit Associations program (SCA) and demonstrated ability and commitment to learn.
- Excellent understanding of cross-cultural communications, workplace relationships, church relations and the ability to relate to and self-motivated.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Chichewa
- Excellent computer-based communication skills including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word with ability to learn further technological skills
- Highly flexible and Innovative, assertive, self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with a team.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of Agriculture models like Foundations for Farming/ Farming God’s way and listening, monitoring & Evaluation e.g. survey designing and results analysis
- Willingness to travel extensively
HOW TO APPLY
Email a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant qualifications and experience to: email@example.com. Due to the anticipated volume of candidates, we are unfortunately unable to respond to phone calls or individual inquires.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, 27th September 2022.