POSITION: ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT
Reports to: FINANCE MANAGER
Program/Project: NDAKWERA FARM
Chikwawa Diocese is one of the 8 Dioceses of the Catholic Church in Malawi and is a Member of the Episcopal Conference of Catholic Bishops in Malawi (ECM). Chikwawa Diocese Covers Nsanje and Chikwawa Districts and Parts of Blantyre and Thyolo Districts. As part of its sustainability plans, the diocese would like to embark on cattle production by establishing a farm at Ndakwera.
The Diocese therefore invites suitable candidates to fill up the below listed position that will be tenable at Chikwawa Diocese with frequent travel to Ndakwera Farm.
The Assistant Accountant will provide support to the project so as to ensure that the project is compliant with accounting standard and regulations and that the funds are safeguarded and used for intended purposes.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in reviewing financial reports and supporting document to ensure they are accurate and comply with good accounting practices and regulations
- Raise voucher review queries with other project staff and follow up responses Responsible for keeping all accounting records.
- Making bank reconciliations
- Preparing source documents
- Preparing and making payments
- Ensuring staff have time sheets and paid based on time spent on the project.
- Support in development of monthly or quarterly financial fore-casts
- And any other duties as a assigned from time to time.
- Updating all accounting files
- Assisting to review cost documentations from program staff
- Assisting to address field linked queries
- Ensuring that the project staff comply with all set provisions of funding agreements and internally set policies and procedures.
- Reporting compliance issues and activities on a regular basis to the project manager
- Preparing formal and informal responses to investigations, inquiries, and requests with guidance from the Project manager.
- Monthly review of vouchers,
- Voucher review Queries resolved and liquidation covers prepared
- Filed link queries resolve
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the Project manager.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A minimum of one year accounting experience preferably in a busy environment
- Relevant university study, preferably a diploma in accounting or finance or higher;
- Ability to present complex information in a compelling manner;
- Ability to pay attention to detail;
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people and;
- Advanced excel knowledge and Quick Books required
- Should be a business minded person.
- Attractive remuneration package commensurate with good experience and qualifications to the successful candidate.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications with detailed CV, contact phone numbers and three traceable referees should be sent to the address below before close of business on the 3rd April, 2022.
Send a one paged motivational letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact information of three (3) traceable professional referees, and copies of certificates to:
The Farm Project’s Manager
Diocese of Chikwawa
P.O. Box 135