Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant post of an ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT tenable at Archdiocesan CADECOM offices in Likuni-Lilongwe.
The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for supporting operations of the management of the accounts department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process bank deposit.
- Reconcile financial statement.
- prepare, send and store invoice.
- Contact clients and send reminders to ensure timely payments.
- Working closely with accounting or financial professional to manage client’s records.
- computing the billing statement, setting up and submitting tax forms.
- Report on the status of accounts payable and received.
- Update internal accounting database and spreadsheets.
- Manage obligations to supplies, customers and third-party vendors
- Communicating with clients to better understand financial needs and report that information to the accountant.
- Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
- Correspond with customers having long overdue and delinquent balances.
- Maintain and manage inventory control of materials and supplies.
- Provide accounting and administrative support to internal and external audit
- Integrate administrative and accounting functions smoothly.
- Handling accruals and prepayment.
- Managing payroll.
Requirements and qualifications
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English communication
- Possession of Computer skills with emphasis in Microsoft Excel
- Competence in use of QuickBooks accounting package
- Minimum of a Degree in Accounting
- At least 6 months experience in a similar office.
- Good understanding of Malawian tax legislation and accounting practices.
- Detail oriented, organized and timely work culture.
- Adaptability and interpersonal skills
- Confidentiality and honesty
- An excellent team work spirit.
- Ability to multitask.
Method of Application
Send applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic and all relevant Certificates, and three contactable referees to:
The Archdiocesan Human Resources Manager
Archdiocese of Lilongwe
P.O. Box 631
Deadline for receiving applications is 3rd July, 2022.