POSITION: ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT
Nutri Foods Dairy Industries invites applications from suitably qualified and established candidates to fill the position of Assistant Accountant tenable at Chatha, Chileka Road, Blantyre.
REPORTING TO: ACCOUNTANT
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To be responsible for the processing of payments, management and accounting for financial resources, assets and supplies in the business entity.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants must be in possession of Diploma in Accounting obtained from recognized Institution plus 2 years of working experience in accounting.
- Oversee and facilitate approval of payments and other financial transactions
- Make follow up and collection of all banking related documents
- Effect data entry into the accounting system
- Maintain contributions records
- Receive and acknowledge payment receipts
- Prepare payment and journal vouchers
- Process petty cash payments and write cheques
- Maintain cash books and subsidiary books
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements, debtor schedules and reconcile them with general ledger
- Make follow up of debts to ensure prompt collection
- Participate in preparation of audit schedules and manage supplies stores.
COMPETENCIES AND APTITUDES:
- Basic knowledge in stores management
- Must demonstrate honesty and integrity
- Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
- Hands on experience with MS Excel and accounting software(e.g. QuickBooks)
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Computer literate and
- Excellent attention to detail.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested individuals who meet the above requirements should submit their applications, copies of Certificates/Degrees and updated CVs to the Human Resources Manager, Nutri Foods Dairy Industries, P.O. Box 1451, Blantyre: email@example.com not later than 12th August 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.