Saint John of God Hospitaller Services is a non-profit healthcare organization established in 1994 to contribute to the development of health for all Malawians including the vulnerable, marginalized and excluded groups. With its operations in both Lilongwe and Mzuzu, Saint John of God Malawi is a key provider of tertiary and community based mental health promotion and care including in prisons; early intervention services for children with both intellectual and physical disability; vocational training for orphans & vulnerable youth including those with disability; health care and other services for older persons; psychosocial counselling, stress and addiction management services; rehabilitation of street children; self-help group approach for women empowerment and tertiary level training in Psychiatric Nursing, Clinical Medicine-Mental Health, Psychosocial Counselling and General Nursing.
The organisation seeks to recruit anAssistant ICTOfficer (Intern) that will be based in Mzuzu.
Reporting to the ICT Officer, the Assistant ICT Officer (Intern) will be expected to diagnose, repair, troubleshoot and maintain computer and software systems for the organisation.
Responsibilities (which include, but not limited to)
- Providing day to day desk-help support for software and hardware devices by diagnosing and
troubleshooting Computers, Laptops, Printers and Software Applications deployed at St John of God.
- Assisting in diagnosing and troubleshooting organization’s Networks (LAN, WAN), and internet connectivity.
- Managing the assignment of IP addresses to user devices.
- Configuring and installing email accounts for staff and ensure they are able to send and receive emails using Microsoft Outlook and or Windows mail
- Setting up multimedia and Audio Visio equipment for meetings, video conferences and Workshops held in the Conference rooms
- Ensuring that appropriate back-up procedures are in place for all organization’s information systems
- Overseeing software and network security by configuring firewalls, Installing antivirus software and various virus cleaning tools
- Maintaining an inventory of computer hardware and software licenses.
- A Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Information and Communication Technology, Information Systems Management or equivalent obtained from a reputable and accredited institution of higher learning
- Flexible, confident, enthusiastic and effective even under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Adherence to our Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy
- Willingness to work with mentally challenged people and their families.
Interested persons meeting the above requirements should send their application letters with Curriculum Vitae including email addresses and mobile phone numbers of their referees to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Saint John of God Hospitaller Services
P.O Box 744
Closing date for receiving applications: 22nd June 2022.