The Lilongwe Water Board is a Statutory Corporation established in 1947 and re-constituted under the Water Works Act (Cap 72). It is responsible for the provision of water supply services to the City of Lilongwe and other surrounding areas designated as its supply area.
The Board is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates of Malawian origin to fill the vacant positions that exist within the Board.
ASSISTANT INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) OFFICER (NETWORK AND SECURITY)
Reporting to the IT Officer, the Assistant IT Officer will be responsible for the following:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing security audits, risk assessment and analysis
- Administering LAN/WAN security, antivirus and spam control measures
- Making recommmendations for enhancing data systems security
- Implementing network security policies and procedures
- Managing, monitoring and updating virus-prevention systems
- Performing intrusion detection analysis
- Administering and maintaining the firewall system
- Monitoring systems security and responding to security incidents
- Participating in security systems testing
- Ensuring integrity and confidentiality of sensitive data
- Suprorting the network administrator in designing, configuring, implementing, and upgrading of the LAN.
- Demonstrating outstanding commitment to service delivery programs of the Board by personally identifying and reporting water bursts/leakages to customer care Division of which verifiable repair records shall be tendered to be used as one of the components for assessment during one’s performance appraisal time configuring.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology/ Computer Science or its equivalent plus at least 2 years working experience in preferably in Networking andany certification in Cyber Security. Those with CCNA Certification/ knowledge in Checkpoint will have an added advantage.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application letters, copies of certificates, a Curriculum Vitae and a copy of National Identification Card with details of three traceable referees not later than 16th August, 2022 to;
The Chief Executive Officer
P.O Box 96
Those that do not submit copies of certificates will not be considered for shortlisting and only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
Lilongwe Water Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Canvassing will Lead to disqualification.