The Lilongwe Water Board is a Statutory Corporation established in 1947 and re-constituted under the Water Works Act (Cap 72). It is responsible for the provision of water supply services to the City of Lilongwe and other surrounding areas designated as its supply area. The Board is inviting applications from suitably
qualified candidates of Malawian origin to fill the vacant positions that exist within the Board.
ASSISTANT PLANT OPERATORS
Reporting to the Senior Plant Operator and the Assistant Plant Operators shall be responsible for the following:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out operation of water abstraction, production and transmission plant within prescribed standards;
- Attending to immediate problems from the water production system;
- Applying water treatment chemicals;
- Conducting daily checks on performance of water production system;
- Reporting and attending to faults or complaints from the dams, booster stations and reservoirs;
- Checking water levels silt deposition and algae growth and all intake works;
- Maintaining general cleanliness of the water production premises;
- Monitoring tank water levels and tank performance for corrective measures in addressing discrepancies;
- Resetting water plant voltages;
- Carrying out the operation of the Dam;
- Enforcing safety precautions;
- Carrying out Dam inspection through reading and reporting instrumentation;
- Demonstrating outstanding commitment to service delivery programs of the Board by personally identifying and reporting water bursts/leakages to customer care Division of which verifiable repair records shall be
tendered to be used as one of the components for assessment during one’s performance appraisal time.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must have Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) and a minimum of two years’ experience in water treatment and plant operation.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application letters, copies of certificates, a Curriculum Vitae and a copy of National Identification Card with details of three traceable referees not later than 16th August, 2022 to;
The Chief Executive Officer
P.O Box 96
Those that do not submit copies of certificates will not be considered for shortlisting and only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
Lilongwe Water Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Canvassing will Lead to disqualification.