Public Service Pension Trust Fund is an Institution which was established in compliance with Pension Act (CAP 55:02) to oversee the administration of the Public Service Contributory Pension Scheme.
The Fund is inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians to fill the following positions that exist at Secretariat Office on an annual contracts renewable.
POST: ASSISTANT PROCUREMENT OFFICER
REPORTING TO: SENIOR HR AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To facilitate procurement of goods, works and services disposal of assets in line with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Assets Act and other related regulations.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must be in possession of Bachelor’s Degree either in Procurement and Logistics, or Supply Chain Management, obtained from recognised Institution, and should be a member of MIPS plus a minimum of 3 years of working experience in Procurement
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop the procurement management and policies
- Interpret procurement policies and regulations
- Participate in the preparation of the Fund’s Annual Procurement Plan Prepare minutes and reports for the IPDC and the PPDA
- Administer procurement Contracts and ensure delivery of goods and services in accordance with the contract terms and end user requirements
- Liaise with requisitioning units to come up with correct product and service specification
- Assist in preparing contract documents
- Prepare request for quotations and bid documents
- Prepare no objection requests to the PPDA
- Facilitate the closing and opening of bid documents
- Facilitate the evaluation of quotations and bid documents and prepare evaluation reports.
- Maintain records of all purchases of the Fund
- Coordinate and assist in stock taking or verification
- Ensure the stock replenishment action is taken at the right time
- Prepare periodic procurements reports as per existing guidelines
- Conduct research on proper procurement and supplies systems
- Participate in the implementation of activities of Tender Board Secretariat.
COMPETENCIES AND APTITUDES
The post holder should have excellent numerical and analytical skills, ability to pay attention to detail, ability to understand and interpret Public procurement related laws and regulations, honesty and integrity, and he/she should have good interpersonal and outstanding communication skills, good report writing skills excellent computer literacy.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application letters, copies of certificates and Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees not later than 24thJanuary, 2022 to:
The Principal Officer
Public Service Pension Trust Fund
P.O. Box 30146