Marymount Catholic Secondary School is a key provider of girls’ education in Malawi. Applications are invited from interested candidates to fill the vacant positions of Boarding Mistress tenable at Marymount Girls Catholic Secondary school.
The successful candidate will be answerable to the School Manager through the Operations Manager Academics. She will be responsible for:
- Budgeting for cleaning materials for the whole year for boarding, classrooms and assembly hall.
- Allocating students to each hostel, room and bed.
- Organizing and supervising the cleaning of hostel, toilets, ablution blocks and the assembly hall. This is done by assigning a morning duty roster to all students and cleaners.
- Monitoring students at night and attending to emergencies and reporting to the Matron if necessary.
- Checking, recording broken Boarding furniture equipment, nonfunctional electrical and plumbing works.
- Punishes Boarding offenders and reports serious misbehaviour to OM Academics.
- Supervises the arrival and departure of pupils throughout the year.
- Assign mattress/beds to students.
- Compiles hostel inspection results for awards at the beginning of the following term.
- Counseling students.
- Must be a secondary school teacher with not less than 5 years teaching experience. Retired teachers will have an added advantage.
- Minimum of a Degree or its equivalent.
- Must be between the age of 30-55 years.
- Must be physically fit.
- Must be a practising Christian.
- Must be sober minded and honest.
- Must be willing to work during odd hours.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications must include current CV, copy of certificate and contacts of three traceable referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
Applications from interested candidates should be sent to:
The Board Chairperson
Marymount Girls Catholic Secondary School
P.O. Box 137
All applications should be received not later than 4th July, 2022.