Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of a Book Editor existing at Montfort Media Ltd, a leading print and publishing house based in Balaka.
Purpose of the job
Coordinating print publishing cycle and managing content areas, setting publication standards and establishing goals and expectations, suggesting stories and generating headline ideas in alignment with targeted audience’s preferences.
- Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability, or supervise others who do this work.
- Read copy of proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax
- Allocate print space for story text, photos, and illustrations according to space parameters and copy significance, using knowledge of layout principles.
- Plan the contents of publications according to the publication’s style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Review and approve proofs submitted by composing room prior to publication production.
- Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
- Oversee publication production, including artwork, layout, computer typesetting, and printing, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
A minimum of a Diploma in Journalism, Mass media, Communication or Education Majoring in English language or any other related field, Plus 3 year’s previous experience in book editing.
Method of application
Applications should include detailed Curriculum Vitae with three (3) traceable referees, copies of certified education and professional certificates and sent to the address below not later than 17th May, 2022.
The Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 280