United Civil Servants SACCO is a member owned institution that offers a range of savings and credit products to civil servants in Malawi. Its goal is to improve the social economic lives of all Malawians. It therefore invites applications from candidates with the passion and drive to
help in improving their community and country.
BRANCH SUPERVISOR (5 POSITIONS)
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the branch manager in supervising the branch in order to grow the branch in membership recruitment and loan book growth. The Supervisor shall assist in the management of the branch as well as the whole team which is composed of branch operations officer, tellers and sales representatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Recruitment & Retention of members
- Making sure that the branch is able to recruit new members and planning imitative to boost
sales. Making sure that the branch is able to reach its allocated target. Planning and
implementing retention strategies to curb exits in the branch.
2. Mobilization of Savings
- Implementing savings mobilization strategies for the branch to ensure that it is able to meet its targets.
3. Growing a healthy loan portfolio
- Ensuring that the branch increases a loan portfolio: meeting the given target but
meticulously generating a quality loan portfolio with acceptable delinquency ratio of equal to or less than 0.7%. Making sure that loans are processed within the accepted TAT’ loan processing procedures and policy are followed.
4. Managing efficient and effective processes
- Making sure the branch is following procedures in their daily processes; they maintain speed and accuracy. Making sure that all operations are done productively; spending less and producing more; e.g., good time management; avoid wastage of all other resources.
6. Financial performance
- Making sure that the branch is able to hit its financial performance metrics as per their given targets.
- Planning and monitoring branch resources so that they are able to keep the cost down.
Coming up with innovative and creative ways of doing operations effectively and efficiently in the branches to ensure maximum productivity, profitability and sustainability.
7. People Management
- Making sure that all employees in the branch have their performance contracts and appraisals
- Identification of training needs for teams.
- Leave days planning for team and self.
8. Risk Management
- Actioning of supervision reports by R & C department
- Actioning of ICT audit report
- Reporting on issues of the branch
9. Reporting on branch performance to branch manager.
10. People management
- Giving support and management of the branch staff
- Making sure that the all staff adheres to the policies and procedures of the organization
- Identification of training needs for branch staff
Desired Qualification and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or business related field plus 3 years’ experience in a financial institution.
- Excellent Written and oral Communication
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Determination and the drive to work towards targets
- Good business sense and a professional manner
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management skill.
- Budget development and oversight experience
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace
- High performance culture
All the above positions are tenable in various districts and cities in Malawi.
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should send their application letters with a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) plus copies of certificates including MSCE not later than 30th September 2022 to;
The General Manager
United Civil Servants Sacco
P.O Box 294
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications sent through email must have the position being applied for in the subject line.