Malawi Council for the Handicapped (MACOHA) was established by an act of parliament, the Handicapped Persons Act 1971 Cap;33:02 as a statutory Corporation. Its goal is to facilitate the empowerment of persons with disabilities to enable them to actively participate and be included in the social economic development activities of their communities and the country.
MACOHA seeks to recruit a well-qualified person to fill the position of Chief Accountant in Grade 3. The Chief Accountant will be reporting to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and maintain sound financial management and control systems, policies and procedures.
- Manage all finances and accounting functions of Council and produce various periodic
financial reports accordingly
- Provide professional advice on all the Councils long terms and short term financial
- Ensure effective control of Council’s financial resources
- Facilitate preparation and consolidation of annual budget estimates
- Process payments according to the established approval procedure
- Prepare quality management accounts in appropriate formats and provide any guidance
required in the decision-making process
- Ensure Accounting Systems and procedures comply with statutory procedures, safeguard the organisation assets through establishment of internal controls
- Ensure statutory audits, internal and donor audits are conducted in a timely and
professional manner with external auditors, and leading the implementation of recommendations within the agreed timeframes.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A University degree in Accounting/Finance, and ACCA or CIMA qualification
- Master’s Degree in a related field and experience in Finance will be an added advantage
- A minimum of fiveyears’ experience in managing finance functions in a large organisation.
Applicants who meet the required qualifications and experience should submit application letters, Curriculum Vitae with three (3) traceable referees and copies of professional certificates to the following address.
The Executive Director,
Malawi Council for the Handicapped,
P.O. Box 5971,
Or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should reach the Executive Director not later than 4:30 pm on 30th September, 2022.