The Human Rights Commission (the Commission), an independent institution established under Chapter XI of the Constitution of the Republic of Malawi, with the primary mandate of the promotion and protection of human rights and investigations of violations of the rights accorded by the Constitution or any other law in Malawi, invites applications from suitable, qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacant position.
Title of post: Chief Human Resources Management Officer
Reporting to: Director of Corporate Services H3.
RESPONSIBILITIES, FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
The Chief Human Resources Management Officer shall be responsible for primary interpretation and enforcement of the human resource management policies, including terms and conditions of service of the Commission.
Specifically, the Chief Human Resource Management Officer shall perform the flowing functions and duties:
- Leading in the planning and organising for staff recruitment and development;
- Initiating review of human resources policies, systems and standard operating procedures;
- Providing advice to the Executive Secretary in interpretation human resources polices to ensure optimum staff motivation, productivity and discipline;
- Initiating institutional staff returns and leave roaster and advise the Executive Secretary on the management of leave;
- Assisting the director of Corporate Services in convening staff and management meetings and prepare minutes thereon;
- Convening regular section meetings for progress review and planning;
- Leading the preparation of personal emoluments estimates in liaison with the Chief Accountant;
- Leading in the managing pension scheme and Medical scheme;
- Taking any other duty assigned from time to time by the Director or Executive Secretary.
Suitable candidates must pose at least the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Social science or Business Administration, with specialization in procurement and corporate governance being added advantages;
- 7 years of experience in providing shared and support services in a busy environment, of which 3 years must be in middle level management roles;
- Demonstrable ability to provide senior line management role, with sound experience in project management being an added advantage;
- Demonstrably decisive with a good sense of judgment and ability to take solve problems;
- Excellent organizational and supervisory skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and payment of attention to detail;
- Excellent drafting, spoken and presentation skills especially in the English Language;
- A dependable team player, with creative thinking and ability to manage projects and computer literacy and;
- Willingness to learn and ability to take instructions without close supervision.
The Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Therefore, both male and female persons including persons with disabilities, who meet the prerequisite qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply. However, considering that the Commission oversees the implementation of the Gender Equality Act that ensures 40:60/60:40 distribution of decision-making positions; the Commission particularly encourages women to apply for positions above. Please note that any canvassing shall lead to disqualification.
An attractive remuneration package comprising a competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the successful candidates. The Commission also offers excellent career development opportunities.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested persons should submit their application with up-to-date detailed curriculum vitae including names and addresses of three traceable referees, to reach the undersigned not later than the 15th January, 2022. All late applications shall not be considered.
The Executive Secretary
Malawi Human Rights Commission
HB House, Off Paul Kagame Road
Private Bag 378