POSITION: COLLECTIONS CONSULTANT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Collections Consultant – Central Region.
- Diploma in Business Studies/ Banking/ Business Management or any relevant qualification.
- Those studying towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accountancy will have an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND PREFERENCE
- Extensive experience in a collections environment, in the financial services institution in Malawi
- Must have sound understanding of processes within cost centres and government ministries.
- Must be able to develop sound relationships with the cost centre personnel
- Must have knowledge of credit cycle management
- Applicants, who have experience in doing business with Government Ministries and parastatals, will be given preference.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to deal with defaulters.
KEY DELIVERABLES OF THE COLLECTIONS CONSULTANT
- Call and trace all clients in arrears in all loan statuses as stated in the age analysis (Government and Private).
- Update loan statuses on the loans management system as clients’ arrears position change.
- Ensure that clients’ PTPs are recorded, collected and banked in a timely manner.
- Maintain fluency in product knowledge and collections procedures necessary for conducting client queries.
- Ensure that information on collections actions is timeously and accurately prepared and delivered to the correct audiences.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of all collections actions taken and retain such records on the appropriate system and in the appropriate format.
- Handling of credit balances and book cleanup:
- Analysing loan book of all the deals in credit balances.
- Investigating and verifying if the credit balances are indeed from clients’ deductions and not misallocation.
- Printing and preparing refund Standard Operating Procedures (“SOPs”) on all the qualified credit balances.
- Taking all updated refund SOPs for approval.
- Checking if the all the approved refunds have been DPR’d and processed.
- Conduct further investigation and correction of the credit balance misallocation with the assistance of the Collections Managers.
- Maintain suitable and adequate documentation of all work performed.
- Ad-hoc projects as may be required from you by management from time to time.
- Actively assimilate the company values as described in the Group Value Statement, and actively practice same.
- Ensure that you are acquainted with all relevant company Standard Operating Procedures and that you comply with same.
- Comply with Company policies, regulations and rules.
The Collections Consultant will be reporting to the Collections Manager.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Strong customer service focus.
- Strong knowledge of micro soft packages especially excel.
- Self-assurance and a confident manner.
- The ability to influence and persuade others.
- A passion for financial markets.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills – the ability to prioritise and manage workflow.
- A strong work ethic.
- A self-starter who is proactive, shows initiative and displays high levels of self-motivation.
- Ability to work and think independently.
- An inquisitive nature and desire to learn.
- Ability to build strong relationships with team members, company management and clients.
- Be alert to changing situations, show flexibility in approach, adaptability in difficult circumstances and continuously strive to achieve meaningful results.
The position is based in Lilongwe.
By nature of this position, traveling will be required and a valid driver’s license is a requirement for this position.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send their application to Gift Chibwana:
By Close of Business April 5th, 2022.
If you do not hear from us within two weeks, please consider your application for this particular vacancy unsuccessful. In this instance, please be assured that we shall retain your application and will be in touch should a suitable opportunity arise in the future.