POSITION: COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Water and Environmental Sanitation Network (WES Network) Area 47 close to area 47 Police station House Number 47/1/235- P.O Box 3210, Lilongwe, Malawi
We are recruiting for a Communications Officer to be based at the Secretariat Office in Lilongwe.
He/she will be reporting to the Executive Director. The candidate will be a key player in our growing network, building our brand, and innovatively delivering our message, in order to influence and contribute towards WASH service delivery in Malawi.
The officer will manage our social media platforms, contribute to the WESNET advocacy and learning agenda, and innovative ways to increase visibility and awareness of our work in Malawi and beyond. This is a challenging role and a core area for WESNET.
- Managing member profile data base Through Social and media forum (gmail google group and whatsApp), manage member profile database.
- Production of newsletters – Produce a quarterly newsletter for WESNET
- Coordinating member activities and events In collaboration with the National Coordinator ensure that all activities and events of the network members and sector are properly coordinated.
- Generating and disseminating media (website, social and mass media) content
- Generate and disseminate various media content using various media platforms
- Coordinating media engagement- Coordinate engagements with the WASH media forum as well as engagement with individual reporters.
- Facilitation Working hand in hand with the Policy and Advocacy officer to facilitate the Policy & Advocacy and Research & Knowledge Thematic Working Group (TWGs) activities and the other three TWGs.
- Reporting – Ensure submission of monthly, bl-annual, annual and other relevant program reports. Participate in the production of CSO Sector Performance Report.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Journalism, Communications and Public Relations)
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and an eye for detail.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and local languages.
- Experience in working on innovative social media strategy, with the ability to create and schedule engaging social media content to attract people and members of our Network to our social media platforms.
- Passionate about Water, Sanitation and Hygiene and raising awareness about the right to same.
- Strong interpretational skills and comfortable to work with diversity of people in a multi-stakeholder arrangement (government, CSOs, donors, media, academia, private sector).
- Well networked and willing to build on existing relationships with strategic partners, such as: government, network members, donors, media, and academia.
- Willingness to travel within Malawi, sometimes and short notice.
- Experience with photo and video editing.
- Experience in management of high-profile events and management planning.
- Experience in the design and creation on content for websites and internal communications platforms.
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills and commitment to work outside regular working hours to achieve deadlines and manage events.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should state why they want to work with WESNET, what they will offer to the Network, and what they are hoping to achieve during with their employment with WESNET.
Send your application to:
Include a CV and copies of certificates in your application.
Deadline for receiving applications is Friday June 24, 2022.