POSITION: COMMUNITY NUTRITION FACILITATOR
Save the Children is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill the position of Community Nutrition Facilitator for UNOPs Project at Save the Children Malawi and will be based in Mzimba. The Position Holder will provide greater interface between Save the Children, and children, their parents/guardians, their communities and the community volunteers on nutrition related activities. S/he will be the first point of call for daily support to nutrition related issues at community level. He/she will coordinate the integration of nutrition activities at community level, working in close collaboration with relevant partners.
The position Holder will also support in the preparation of project progress reports by working closely with M & E Officer to ensure data availability.
He/she will also provide technical support to community nutrition volunteers to ensure quality service delivery.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
IN ORDER TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU WILL BRING/HAVE:
- A Diploma in nutrition or any related field from a recognised university. A degree in any relevant field will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in nutrition, public health and agriculture related projects.
- Demonstrated skills in working with the community to catalyse change in the community regarding health and nutrition.
- Hands on experience in developing & managing nutrition activity implementation.
- Experience working with government partners to ensure comprehensive and coordinated service delivery.
- Ability to work in complex environments with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written communication).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows (Word / Excel) required.
- Willingness to stay in the rural areas.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle (is a MUST).
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.