Msilikali SACCO, an affiliate of Malawi Union of Savings & Credit Cooperatives Ltd (MUSCCO), is a member owned and democratically controlled financial cooperative society that aims at providing quality and affordable financial services to its members (Malawi Defence Force Employees) , invites application from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions.
POSITION: COMMUNITY OUTREACH & MOBILIZATION OFFICER – ZOMBA
Reporting to the Operations and Credit Manager, will be overall responsible for women and youth programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage and Mobilize Women and Youth within MDF cantonments to join the SACcO
- Train women groups in Business management skills and Group Dynamics
- Support development or review of women and youth products and services
- Mobilize youth in MDF secondary schools to join the SACCO
- Develop promotional programs for youth savings
- Manage Women group savings and loan portfolio
- Hold quarterly meeting with women and youth groups
- Work closely with MDF structures & Local Government & MUSCCO in the promotion women and youth programs
- To undertake all other reasonable and lawful duties as may be directed from time to time by the line Manager/Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Recognized Degrees in Community Development or Business Studies with 3 years’ experience
- Key understanding of financial sector with emphasis on SACCO or Financial Cooperative business model
- Experience in women empowerment programs
- Understanding of youth savings programs
- Great interpersonal skills and customer service.
- Quick decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Have excellent financial analysis skills
- Possess analytical and critical thinking skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications should be forwarded to the addressee below not later than 20th May 2022.
The General Manager
Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged. MSILIKALI SACCO is an equal opportunity employer.