Banja La Mtsogolo (BLM) is a Malawian Non-Governmental Healthcare Organization established in 1987. BLM provides quality Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare including HIV/AIDS information and interventions. BLM is a senior member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Partnership which works in 43 countries. BLM exists to improve quality of life in Malawi through family planning and reproductive health care services. BLM serves over 800,000 clients annually and makes a significant contribution to national family planning objectives. The organization has national coverage, operating through 24 clinics, and numerous outreach clinic sites.
Banja La Mtsogolo in partnership with World Vision International, with financial support from Global Fund intends to implement a project to support the government on Condom programming. The project aims to reach to the last mile client.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions of District Lead for Condom programming and Condom Distributor Rider.
Condom Distributor Riders (15 Positions)
Reporting Line : District Lead for Condom Programming
Location : Chikwawa, Thyolo and Lilongwe.
The Riders will assist in the expansion of access to Free Condomsin Malawi, specifically in the districts of Lilongwe, Chikwawa and Thyolo. They will be responsible for building relationships, distribution of condoms and lubricants including other safer sex supplies, along with the promotion of Free Condoms program in the stated areas. They will also assist in other HIV prevention and comprehensive sexual health education programs as needed.
- Develop relationships with community-based organizations including hot-spots owners in the designated areas.
- Deliver condoms to distribution sites and partners (Mapped Hot Spots in the respective districts).
- Update M&E tools for monitoring and evaluating programme activities
- Ensure that the M&E databases are updated routinely and systematically
- In collaboration with project team, assist in identifying and documenting achievements and accomplishments of project indicators against set performance targets.
- Proactively monitor performance against indicators in conjunction with the relevant project managers.
- Work with pharmacists to pack and distribute condoms and other safer sex supplies.
- Properly document and keep proper records of all the transactions done from the warehouse to the hotspot sites.
- Timely order and distribute condoms to the hotspot sites.
- Maintain a clean record of all the Hotspot sites and condoms distributed.
- Help promote proper condom usage in the community and recruit new sites as needed.
- Assist with HIV prevention and comprehensive sexuality education programming as required.
- Ensure the timely submission of reports with high level of quality by each area of intervention.
- Support data quality assurance activities at various levels of the project including service delivery point.
- Quarterly supervision visits to service delivery point to mentor staff and crosscheck the use of routine data collection tools (client registers and other reports submitted to Support Office)
- Perform other duties as assigned by Line Manager.
Qualification, skills and experience
- Diploma in Community related studies.
- 1-2 years of community work in sexuality education, customer service, or related experience.
- Must have a valid Class A driver’s license.
Knowledge and other attributes required:
- Alignment with the mission and values of BLM and possess a strong personal commitment to the goals of BLM and the vision.
- Able to demonstrate behaviors that represent any of the Affiliate’s Workplace Values e.g. Global fund and World Vision.
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with youth, parents, community leaders, and staff.
- Should possess good facilitation, teamwork, andorganizational skills.
- Knowledge of family planning and sexual health, and HIV.
- Willing to work flexible schedules.
- Physically fit to lift and carry about 25 to 40 Kgs.
- Experience in producing clear and simple reports, including charts & graphs, for end-users.
- Must be Pro-choice.
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, please send your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter including names and contact details of at least three traceable referees (at least one reference from your current employer or most recent employer; or any previous
employers from the recent past).
All applications should be addressed to:
The Corporate Services Director
Banja La Mtsogolo
P.O. Box 1854
to reach him not later than Tuesday 27thSeptember 2022.
“Our organization is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and therefore expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment”
BLM is an equal opportunities employer. No canvassing of any kind is allowed.