The Malawi University of Business and Applied Sciences (MUBAS) was created by Act of Parliament No.19 of 2019 as an entrepreneurial university specializing in Business and Applied Sciences.
The newly established University would like to fill the following positions with suitably qualified candidates at a time when it is redefining its niche and globally repositioning itself to run in compliance with international norms of scholarship and a business culture that characterizes a modern university.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CENTRE (CEC) MANAGER
The CEC Manager shall be under the immediate supervision of the DVC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The CEC Manager shall:
• Develop, review, implement and monitor policies, plans, programmes, strategies, guidelines and budgets relating to continuing education
• Monitor, implement and maintain standards for continuing education.
• Develop and implement resource mobilization strategies and monitor efficient resource utilization.
• Raise the Centre’s international academic profile in line with the University’s internalization strategy.
• Establish and maintain partnerships and links with the Government, the public and private sectors, development partners and the international community.
• Enforce and implement compliance with quality standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of a doctorate degree in a relevant field from an institution accredited or recognized under the National Council of Higher Education Act.
• Five (5) years of experience in a management position in a higher education institution.
• Demonstrate the ability to work with local and international examining bodies.
TENURE OF THE OFFICE
The successful candidate shall be offered a 3-year performance-based contract which may be renewed once.
The University shall provide the successful candidates with an attractive compensation and benefits package by its existing structure of benefits.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants MUST submit their applications together with their visions for the office applied for. Curriculum Vitae and names and addresses of three traceable referees to the undersigned. For the position of Head of ICI, interested applicants must submit ICT Strategy instead of a Vision.
Shortlisting of candidates to undergo interviews will be based on the completeness and quality of the package of the documents to be submitted to the following address:
The Malawi University of Business and Applied Sciences
Private Bag 303
Electronic copies of the application should be sent to:
Applications should be received by close of business, 4th August, 2022.