Blantyre Water Board is a government-owned institution established and reconstituted under the Waterworks Act of 1995 to supply potable water to people of Blantyre City and other surrounding areas.
Blantyre Water Board is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
CUSTOMER CARE AND MARKETING OFFICER
Applicants must have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Business Communication from a reputable institution
- 4 years of proven post qualification experience in marketing, customer relations or closely related field in a busy organization
- Good understanding of market research techniques, statistical and data analysis methods
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and marketing software (e.g. CRM)
- Solid knowledge of marketing techniques and principles
- Abreast with technological and digital advances relating to marketing
- Possess administrative skills, and the ability to coordinate a team
- Creativity and commercial awareness
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Between 25 and 35 years of age.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Planning and implementing marketing strategies
- Carrying out marketing and customer relation campaigns
- Assisting in developing, presenting, and implementing policies and procedures to ensure customer satisfaction
- Assisting in conducting external corporate image audits and customer surveys
- Monitoring and measuring implementation of customer service charter
- Educating customers about the Board’s customer relation systems, services and new products
- Analysing customer queries/ complaints coming through •Customer Service Centres and Call Centre and recommending action to relevant sections
- Implementing activities in corporate branding, development and distribution of promotional materials
- Conducting market research to identify opportunities for promotion and growth
- Assisting in organizing and coordinating corporate events such as road shows, civic education campaigns and donations in liaison with relevant sections
- Ensuring that customer accounts are duly updated with contacts and other business details.
- Training new staff on customer service techniques and skills
- Producing and submitting weekly and monthly reports;
- Performing any other relevant duties to the post as assigned from time to time.
An attractive salary will be offered in accordance with the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested eligible applicants must submit their written applications giving full Curriculum Vitae (CV) and names of two (2) traceable referees to:
The Chief Executive
Blantyre Water Board
P.O Box 30369
The closing date for receiving application letters is 28 June 2022.