The Lilongwe Water Board is a Statutory Corporation established in 1947 and re-constituted under the Water Works Act (Cap 72). It is responsible for the provision of water supply services to the City of Lilongwe and other surrounding areas designated as its supply area. The Board is inviting applications from suitably
qualified candidates of Malawian origin to fill the vacant positions that exist within the Board.
CUSTOMER CARE ASSISTANTS
Reporting to the Senior Customer Care Assistant, the Customer Care Assistant will be responsible for the following:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing front desk services;
- Receiving complaints, complements and pipe burst/leakage reports and resolving some and or channeling them to appropriate departments, Divisions, Zones and sections for timely solution;
- Executing plans, programs, projects and budgets based on priorities within resources allocated;
- Creating and maintaining a positive corporate image of the Board and promoting the interest of stakeholders;
- Providing and educating the public in terms of their rights and obligations as customers;
- Demonstrating outstanding commitment to service delivery programs of the Board by personally identifying and reporting water bursts/leakages to of which verifiable repair records shall be tendered to be used as one of the components for assessment during one’s performance appraisal time.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
A minimum of a Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) plus Diploma in Business Administration/ Marketing with two (2) years relevant experience.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application letters, copies of certificates, a Curriculum Vitae and a copy of National Identification Card with details of three traceable referees not later than 16th August, 2022 to;
The Chief Executive Officer
P.O Box 96
Those that do not submit copies of certificates will not be considered for shortlisting and only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
Lilongwe Water Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Canvassing will Lead to disqualification.