Transforming Agriculture through Diversification and Entrepreneurship (TRADE) Programme is a Government of Malawi 6-year initiative funded by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and Opec Fund for International Development (OFID) whose overall goal is to contribute to improved sustainable livelihoods of rural people in Malawi through Value Chain commercialisation and resilience of rural poor and smallholder’s producers”.
TRADE Programme specifically seeks to: (i) increase.production and productivity by smallholder farmers; (i) functionally upgrade smallholder farmers and the rural poor to undertake new functions such as processing, storage, packaging to capture more value; (ii) improve horizontal linkages by strengthening the capacities of cooperatives to provide market access functions to smallholder farmers; and, (iv) improve vertical linkages between stakeholders at different functional levels of the commodity chain, including private sector. TRADE intends to support rural entrepreneurs, focusing on youths and women to develop and sustain their agribusiness enterprise opportunities and ensuring that commodities are nutrition sensitive.
This objective will be achieved through targeted support to smallholder farmers and non-farm actors to benefit from commodity markets, improved access to rural financial services, market and business development services and partnerships with the private sector.
The programme directly contributes to Pillar 1 of MW 2063 and Strategic objective 2 of the Malawi Country Strategic Opportunity (COSOP 2016-2021) “Smallholder households access remunerative markets and services”. It also contributes to Strategic Objective 1 of the COSOP “Smallholder households become resilient to natural shocks” by focusing on the promotion of climate-smart agriculture and the mainstreaming of nutrition in all project activities. Under the Ministry of Local Government as lead agency, TRADE will be implemented under 3 interlinked components namely: sustainable producer-private partnerships; enabling environment for smallholder commercialization and component; and, institutional support and programme management. With a total target of 300,000 households,.
TRADE will initially cover 11 districts (Mchinji, Ntchisi, Dedza, Blantyre, Kasungu, Nkhata-Bay, Rumphi, Karonga, Lilongwe Rural, Thyolo and Chitipa) placed into Clusters namely Thyolo-Blantyre; Ntchisi-Kasungu-Mchiji; Karonga-Chitipa; Rumphi-Nkhata-Bay; Lilongwe-Dedza focusing on7 commodities (groundnuts, soyabeans, sunflower, Irish potato, dairy, beef and honey).
It is in view of this background that TRADE Programme is looking for highly motivated and experienced candidates to nil ditferent positions tenable in various TRADE Programme Offices as follows:
POSITION: DATA MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Number of Positions: 1
Reporting to: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
The Data Management Officer will take a leading role in managing routine data including data cleaning to ensure completeness and quality of data collected and report any errors identified during data review to appropriate team members He/she will be the focal person in data management and coordination with service providers, grantees and other TRADE partners.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regularly update TRADE’s management information system (MIS)
- Extract data from TRADE’s MIS and feed the MIS of Ministry of Local Government as well as Government’s overall information management system
- Manage routine data including data cleaning to ensure completeness and quality of data collected.
- Report any errors identified during data review to appropriate team members and assist in resolving issues.
- Run basic, descriptive data analyses.
- Generate/ update pivot tables and charts of indicators of interest for routine monitoring purposes as well as ad hoc requests.
- Initiate, develop and support others developing content for dissemination including blogs, other social media, and technical manuals.
- Maintain master copies of data collection forms ensuring accurate updating as needed) and supporting documentation for data management system in electronic venue acessible to relevant teams.
- Design dear and attractive presentations and other communication documents including training manuals.
- Provide support in knowledge sharing and managing knowledge sharing platforms.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- The post requires a person with: University degree in ICT or Advanced Diploma in ICT or a related discipline.
- Higher education in a field related to Data Management in rural development would be an advantage
- five (5) years of experience in Data management in the rural development sector
- Proven experience in designing and managing advanced Databases;
- Experience in or solid understanding of, use of modern information and communication technology (ICT) in development;
- Experience in the sphere of rural development project management and implementation, in particular a good basic knowledge of project M&E systems, will be a distinct advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications together with copies of certificates, CVs and names of three traceable referees clearly indicating the position being applied for on the email heading (for emails of envelopes (for hard-copies) not later than 18th May 2022 to:
The National Programme Coordinator
Transforming Agriculture through Diversification and Entrepreneurship (TRADE
P.O. Box 2135
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Area 9 Plot Number 328.
TRADE Programme is an equal opportunities employer.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.