Global AIDS Interfaith Alliance (GAIA) in partnership with World Education Inc. /Bantwana Initiative (WEI/Bantwana) is implementing a USAID funded Ana Patsogolo Program/ Project. The program sets out to change life trajectories for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and highly vulnerable adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Thyolo District in the Southern Region of Malawi. These two overlapping populations live with escalated and intersecting risks for HIV infection, gender based violence and poor sexual and reproductive health and we need to provide solutions by integrating social protection supports and health services that will enable them not only adhere to treatment but also to thrive to adulthood.
GAIA in partnership with Bantwana seeks to recruit highly motivated and suitably qualified individuals for the implementation of OVC activities in Thyolo district in the following available positions.
POSITION: DISTRICT ECONOMIC STRENGTHENING OFFICER
Location: Thyolo district.
Reporting to the District Coordinator, the Position Holder will be responsible for coordinating all project activities related to Orphaned and other vulnerable children, youth and their caregivers are better economically empowered to access core services in the District to achieve the project Goal.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- The Economic Strengthening Officer shall oversee all activities related to economic empowerment of OVCs, Orphan headed households and their caregivers.
- S/he shall have a dotted line technical report and provide overall leadership on implementation of VSLA+, Youth focused, Temporary consumption support activities and private sector lead activities at District level.
- Develop and share periodic work plans for Economic strengthening with Supervisors
- Provide leadership in identifying, profiling, verification of HHs in destitutions and facilitating linkages with appropriate social protection programs.
- Provide oversight to ensure that implementation of VSLA+, youth focused, market systems and group-based education are in line with economic Strengthening technical guide and strategies.
- Provide routine monitoring and support supervision to the CBTs and DBTs to ensure quality programming
- Coordinate/Prepare and submit key VSLA, Youth (Group Based Education and market-based progress performance reports such as monthly narrative reports and VSLA+ MIS.
- Support the ES team in rolling out the private sector led initiatives in the agribusiness, micro franchising, NFE and SMEs sector
- Monitor the private sector led activities to ensure that the agreed deliverables are achieved
- Train staff and other relevant partners on VSLA+ methodology and ensure OVC Fund modal is well implemented among VSLA groups
- Monitor, control, supervise and coordinate DBTs, and other community volunteers in the District to ensure the Group Based activities are on course at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Micro-Finance, Social Sciences, Social Works and Social Administration, Public Administration, Education and Development Studies from a recognized University.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience implementing economic strengthening initiatives targeting OVCs and PLHIV
- Demonstrated ability to follow stipulated guidance, meet deadlines and work with team
- Good knowledge and understanding of VSLA methodology and livelihoods empowerment approach
- Clean criminal record
- Should be able to ride a motorcycle with a valid Class A permit
- MUST be willing to settle within project area and spend much time in the field
- Must be fluent in English language both written and oral
- Coordination, interpersonal skills, communication, writing skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All those interested in the vacant positions and are meeting the minimum requirements should send their curriculum Vitae, cover letter and copies of certified certificates to:
The Country Director
Global AIDS Interfaith Alliance
P.O. Box 51428
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject of the email should be titled the position being applied for”.
Only shortlisted candidates who have suitable requirements for the job will be communicated to for interviews.
Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday 27th October 2021.