Global AIDS Interfaith Alliance (GAIA) in partnership with World Education Inc. /Bantwana Initiative (WEI/Bantwana) is implementing a USAID funded Ana Patsogolo Program/ Project. The program sets out to change life trajectories for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and highly vulnerable adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Thyolo District in the Southern Region of Malawi. These two overlapping populations live with escalated and intersecting risks for HIV infection, gender based violence and poor sexual and reproductive health and we need to provide solutions by integrating social protection supports and health services that will enable them not only adhere to treatment but also to thrive to adulthood. GAIA in partnership with Bantwana seeks to recruit highly motivated and suitably qualified individuals for the implementation of OVC activities in Thyolo district in the following available positions.
POSITION: DISTRICT EDUCATION AND SAFE SCHOOLS OFFICER
Location: Thyolo district.
The District Education and Safe Schools Officer will be working with education authorities and committees to maximize the utilization of available resources for various programs. He /She will be responsible for piloting and marketing education programs in collaboration with Ministry of Education and Key Stakeholders. The Officer will work closely with the Program Manager in supporting, execution, monitoring and documentation of best practices to strengthen education systems in both primary and secondary schools.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Work closely with school authorities at district level to mobilize resources for learning including new opportunities and partnerships.
- Support the schools in developing tools required for implementation of programs and crafting games, physical education to motivate student participation in learning.
- Develop education programs, workshops and seminars for children and adults in line with Government of Malawi policies Support the schools to conduct school curriculum reviews in collaboration with Ministry of Education authorities.
- Perform various functions to ensure timely completion of planned activities
- Participate actively in the planning and designing of activities, monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop back up/ recovery plans in the case of unplanned set backs in project delivery
- Facilitate and ensure effective communication amongst functional bodies between line managers to ensure that all activities are coordinated.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT
- Degree in Education or Child Development
- At least 4 years experience in working with education sector in Malawi.
- Ability to work independently with demonstrated creativity, initiative and commitment.
- Ability to work with multi sectorial external agencies, such as community social services, schools, health facilities, and OVC service providers.
- Possess a high standard of personal and professional integrity
- Willingness to work as a team member, taking on additional tasks as needed to ensure the overall success of the project
- High level of attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a culturally sensitive environment.
- Strong analytical and inter-personal skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All those interested in the vacant positions and are meeting the minimum requirements should send their curriculum Vitae, cover letter and copies of certified certificates to:
The Country Director
Global AIDS Interfaith Alliance
P.O. Box 51428
Or email to: email@example.com
The subject of the email should be titled the position being applied for”.
Only shortlisted candidates who have suitable requirements for the job will be communicated to for interviews.
Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday 27th October 2021.