Banja La Mtsogolo (BLM) is a Malawian Non-Governmental Healthcare Organization established in 1987. BLM provides quality Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare including HIV/AIDS information and interventions.
BLM is a senior member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Partnership which works in 43 countries. BLM exists to improve quality of life in Malawi through family planning and reproductive health care services.
BLM serves over 800,000 clients annually and makes a significant contribution to national family planning objectives. The organization has national coverage, operating through 24 clinics, and numerous outreach clinic sites.
Banja La Mtsogolo in partnership with World Vision International, with financial support from Global Fund intends to implement a project to support the government on Condom programming. The project aims to reach to the last mile client.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions of District Lead for Condom programming and Condom Distributor Rider.
District Lead for Condom Programming (3 Positions)
Reporting Line: PSS and Outreach Coordinator
Location: Chikwawa, Thyolo and Lilongwe.
The District Lead will support the project in distributing condoms to the last mile in the selected hotspots to ensure improved access of condom services to the targeted community memberseach in Lilongwe, Thyolo and Chikwawa districts.
The District Lead will be responsible for leading the team in the district to.ensere smooth running of the condom distribution programming in the districts. She/he will organize condom distribution related meetings at district level and get involved in performance management of the program at district level. The District Lead will act as a link person between the district and support office in Lilongwe. She/he will be responsible for documentation and designing the district workplan and ensuring its successful implementationas well asworking with support office to ensure funds for supporting the program are timely released. The District Lead will also support and facilitate all other condom activities in the district.
- Work with the district condom distribution coordinator to conduct district programming activities.
- Work with the HMIS officer to ensure district data is up to standard for decision making.
- Keep record of community-based organizations including hot-spots owners in the designated areas.
- Lead the team of district condom distributors and hold meetings to ensure the issues on the ground are addressed accordingly.
- Register new Hotspot owners and deregister any hotspot owners who are no longer operational in the district.
•Orient newly registered district hotspot owners in collaborations with condom distributors riders.
- Consolidate and update M&E tools for monitoring and evaluating programme activities.
- Ensure that the M&E databases are updated routinely and systematically.
- In collaboration with project team, assist in identifying and documenting achievements and accomplishments of project indicators against set performance targets.
- Proactively monitor performance against indicators in conjunction with the relevant project managers.
- Reporting condom distribution challenges and how they are being addressed at district level.
- Assist with HIV prevention and comprehensive sexuality education programming at the district level.
- Ensure the timely submission of reports with high level of quality by each area of intervention.
- Support data quality assurance activities at various levels of the project including service delivery point.
- Quarterly supervision visits to service delivery point to mentor staff and crosscheck the use of routine data collection tools (client registers and other reports submitted to So)
- Perform other duties as assigned by Line Manager from time to time.
Qualification, skills and experience
- Minimum of a Degree in Community related studies.
- 2-3 years of community work in sexuality education,
- Customer service, or related experience.
- Must have a minimum of a Class A valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge and other attributes required:
- Alignment with the mission and values of BLM and possess astrong personal commitment to the goals of BLM and the vision.
- Able to demonstrate behaviors that represent any of the Affiliate’s Workplace Values e.g., Global fund and World Vision.
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with youth, parents, community leaders, and staff
- Excellent facilitation, team leadership, and organizational skills is a must.
- Knowledge of family planning and sexual health, and HIV.
- Willing to work flexible schedules.
- Must be physically fit to support with packing of condoms where necessary.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Must be Pro-choice.
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, please send your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter including names and contact details of at least three traceable referees (at least one reference from your current employer or most recent employer; or any previous employers from the recent past).
All applications should be addressed to:
The Corporate Services Director
Banja La Mtsogolo
P.O. Box 1854
to reach him not later than Tuesday 27th September 2022.
“Our organization is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and therefore expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment”
BLM is an equal opportunities employer. No canvassing of any kind is allowed.