Inter Aide began the maintenance projects in 1991 as part of WASH projects. In 2008 the Maintenance Projects became independent and targeted to set up AFRIDEV pump maintenance services in the rural areas.
The project is directly implemented by Inter Aide in 11 districts (Salima, Nkhotakota, Kasungu, Dowa, Ntchisi, Mchinji,Lilongwe, Dedza, Ntcheu, Balaka and Mangochi) and by its partner BASEDA in 6 others districts (Mulanje, Zomba, Chiradzulu, Machinga, Thyolo and Phalombe).
POSITION: DISTRICT PROJECT OFFICERS (2)
Duty station: Ntcheu, or Salima & Dedza, or Mchinji & Lilongwe, with regular trips to the field.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and Project Coordinator, She/ He will have to manage, monitor and support the activities of the Maintenance Project. Depending on the implementation level of the program in a district assigned, he/she will be in charge to support Water Department Offices in the takeover of Water Hand Pumps maintenance networks management or provide technical support to relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate the Project implementation or transition among Development partners,
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings including Water Department staff (WD), Area Mechanics, Spare Part Shops, Area Development Committees and Traditional Authorities to promote the project,
- Facilitate the management of program activity development according to project activity calendar in collaboration with the Water Department.
- Strengthen the WD capacities to manage maintenance network in order to improve the functionality rate of hand pump,
- Conduct performance review of different stakeholders to track progress and identify support needed,
- Strengthen the WD capacities to collect, process and analyse data on the field situation for decision making and reporting,
- Follow up and train Area Mechanics and spares parts retailers for the district,
- Promotion of the project and its partners at district level (Relationship with Wash program in others NGOs),
- Represent Inter Aide Maintenance Project among authorities and WASH professionals,
- Ensure a strict follow up of the program financial aspects and administrative procedures,
- Collaboration with safeguarding key stakeholders at district and community level,
- Produce monthly, quarterly, bi annual and annual reports in line with Inter Aide standards
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Mature, of proven good conduct and integrity
- Bachelor Degree in Project Management, Community Development, or Water Resources Management, or any related field.
- Those with Diploma as indicated above with relevant experience will be considered.
- Possession of valid and clean motorcycle driving license.
- Ability to manage budgets and produce justifiable expenses.
- 2 years’ relevant experience with development programs or organizational management will be appreciated.
- Leadership skills, Good external relations and communications skills
- Ability to work and to maintain compatibility among staff and partners.
- Good writing and presentation skills for reporting purposes.
- Computer skills in general but specifically good in Excel is required.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Other added advantages include: staff management experience or experience with development project transition skills for efficient project hand over.
- Motivation to move very often to the field
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualification and experience should send applications with detailed CV (3 pages maximum), cover letter and names of 3 traceable referees in one PDF file by 12:00 noon on Thursday 20th January 2022, with position title Maintenance DPO in subject line to: email@example.com