The Catholic Health Commission (CHC) of the Diocese of Chikwawa is one of the main Commissions under the Social Services Directorate of the diocese, and is an arm of the Episcopal Conference of Malawi. Its main function is to enhance the provision of equitable health services in the Diocese of Chikwawa. Catholic Health Commission is affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University – Jhpiego in developing innovations to enhance the capacity of health care workers, strengthening health systems and improve delivery of care towards improving the health and well-being. The Catholic Health Commission, therefore, seeks to engage the services of a well experienced, highly motivated and suitably qualified person of Malawi origin to fill the following positions tenable at Chikwawa
POSITION: DRIVER (1)
Reports to: The Site Team Leader and Head driver
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Driver will provide logistical/transport/office support for the Jhpiego office. This includes maintaining office vehicle(s), ensuring that the vehicle policies are adhered to, driving and assisting with Project and office activities. The Driver will maintain vehicle mileage and related records as required by Jhpiego policies. The Driver is expected to be flexible and work longer than office hours when in the field and departing/arriving from the field.
Also, when not in the field the Driver is expected to report to work early in order to assist with other office duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive Jhpiego vehicles on official trips according to Jhpiego’s vehicle policies
- Daily check oil and tyres properly and keep the vehicles in clean condition, both inside and outside
- Maintain a neat personal appearance and ensure that passengers are treated with respect
- Ensures that ALL passengers wear seat belts at ALL times. Top priority must be given to the safety of all passengers in the vehicle whether they are staff, consultants.
- Check and timely report vehicle licenses and permits
- Ensure that the Jhpiego vehicle has necessary equipment like spare tires, toolbox, first aid kit and maintaining safety and security of all passengers according to Road traffic regulations and vehicle policy.
- Maintain the motor vehicle logs and monitor fuel consumption, mileage and keep a log of services / maintenances conducted
- Maintain up-to-date fuel liquidations and ensure that fuel card is kept according to vehicle Policy
- Assist in packing materials for field travel and while in the field, assist the Jhpiego team with other tasks.
- Timely report to Human Resources and Administration Officer when vehicle service (minor/major) is due and/or any other repairs required.
- Assist in other Administrative functions e.g. mail delivery, reception work when the Front Desk Officer and Office Assistant are not around, photocopies of documents and binding, packing training materials for distribution
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum Malawi School Certificate of Education
- Valid driving license
- Minimum three years’ professional experience as a Driver in a busy work environment
- Defensive Driving Certificate
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization.
REMUNERATION AND MODE OF APPLICATION
A competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you believe you meet the above requirements, submit your application letter, up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates and names of three traceable referees to the address below indicating the position applied for.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 31st August 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
The Director of Social Services
Diocese of Chikwawa
P.O Box 162
Diocese of Chikwawa is an equal employer and qualified women are encouraged to apply.