Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues. MACRO’s Vision is ‘A Malawian populace that enjoys good quality of life be it physical, mental and social wellbeing’ and its Mission is ‘to provide high quality HIV and AIDS and other health related services to the Malawian population. With funding from CDC through Lighthouse Trust (LHT), MACRO is implementing the Achieving HIV Epidemic Control Through Quality HIV Testing Services: The Pivot Project and will be extending its services to the Central and Northern districts of Ntchisi, Lilongwe, Mzimba, Rumphi, Nkhatabay and Likoma.
In order to efficiently and effectively execute its mandate, MACRO is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions tenable in health facilities of the districts listed above
POSITION: DRIVER (1 POSITION)
Reporting to Administration Officer, The Driver will be responsible for transport needs of project staff, equipment and supplies.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitating staff transportation
- Transportation equipment and supplies
- Cleans the vehicles daily to ensure they are in good condition
- Checks oils, lubricants, water, tyre pressure; lights, wipers and any other parts that need checking before starting the vehicle off on daily basis to ensure the vehicles are road-worthy
- Identify and timely report faults or worn out parts and timely reports to supervisor for procuring of parts for repairs
- Updates log book by indicating the date, mileage, fuel, destination where the vehicle is going and makes sure that the authorizing officer signs before the vehicle leaves.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Clean and valid driving license
- Malawi School Certificate of Education
- Valid Professional driver’s license
- At least 3 years working experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good communication skills
- Defensive driving skills
- Time management
- High way code
- Flexible and willing to work at old hours.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees to The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to: email@example.com
Closing date for receiving applications is Sunday, 22nd August, 2021.
Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.