POSITION: DRIVER – CDF (Based in Dowa, Mponela Office)
United Purpose (UP) Malawi is an international non-governmental organisation working to create opportunities for lasting improvement in peoples’ lives. We work in partnership with others to support a range of livelihoods and food security, WASH and health, sustainable energy and gender equality programmes reaching over 1,000,000 people a year across Malawi. Globally, we work in nine countries across Africa, Asia and South America, however our Malawi programme is by far and away our largest and most established country programme. UP currently operates in 17 districts in Malawi, supporting 24 on-going projects, and a team of 180.
Reporting to the District Manager, the Driver/Logistician is responsible for the timely, efficient and transparent accomplishment of all transport logistical support to the Project. The role requires a realistic understanding of the operating context and the ability to carry out multiple task as assigned from time to time in liaison with the District Coordinator and Project team members.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Driving UP vehicles with care and responsibility Ensuring safety and security of the vehicle when it is in his/her custody
- Cleaning the vehicle on a daily basis
- Ensuring that the engine and gear box oil, battery acid, break and clutch fluid and tire pressures are regularly checked and kept to recommended levels
- Ensuring that the vehicle is regularly serviced and maintained
- Recording vehicle log book continuously and accurately
- Timely reporting any vehicle accidents as and when they happen
- Reporting any damage/mechanical faults to the District Manager.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Demonstrable understanding of safeguarding risks and mitigating actions.
- High levels of integrity, honesty, strong ethics but also a quick learner
- Minimum of a Malawi Schools Certificate of Education
- Clean Driving License with 3 years driving experience
- Defensive driving skills
- Familiar with electronic gadgets and computers/internet
- Highly organized and plans and implement his/her work efficiently, with very minimum supervision
- Responsive to query in a timely manner
- Ready to work at odd hours, including weekends and holidays
- Excellent community mobilization and communication skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Please visit: http://united-purpose.org/s/Job-Application-Form.doc to download the Application Form, and then submit the completed form via email only to: applicationsmw@united‐purpose.org
When submitting, please put YOUR NAME_ [POSITION APPLIED] in the email title and application form. Any applications that do not include this in the title will not be considered.
No hard copy / physical applications will be accepted. Closing date for the receipt of completed application forms is midnight of Wednesday, 11th August 2021.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. For more information about UP, please visit our website at www.unitedpurpose.org/malawi/ .
UP is an equal opportunity employer, and women are particularly encouraged to apply.