Press Agriculture Limited (PAL) is a large scale farming organization situated at Kulima House in Kasungu. The company’s major farming operations are spread across Kasungu, Mchinji and Lilongwe. PAL has partnered with investors to set-up a large scale agro-processing business for exotic products targeting the export market. The business venture will initially be set-up on 10,000 hectares of land fully equipped with modern irrigation facilities. In addition, PAL and the investors will establish processing facilities for the products complete with supporting logistical infrastructure. This new and exciting development will certainly transform the agribusiness landscape in Malawi.
An opportunity has arisen for qualifying candidates to be recruited as pioneers of the project. Those that will be recruited will work exclusively for the project and will not be involved in the other normal business operations of PAL. In the fullness of time, the new business venture is expected to recruit well over 1,000 people.
Accordingly, PAL hereby invites application from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following position:
POSITION: FIELD EXTENSION OFFICER – 20 POSTS
(Agronomy (10), Irrigation (4), Training (4) and Quality Control (2))
- Assisting the estate managers in implementing daily estate operations.
- Assisting in managing the agronomy on a minimum estate size of 500 hectares.
- Assisting with technical work in irrigation, production, training and quality control.
- Managing semi-skilled and unskilled labour on the estate.
- Managing the optimal usage of equipment and machinery on the estate.
- Diploma in any of the related fields in Agriculture, Extension, Irrigation, Engineering, Agricultural Education, Chemistry or Food Processing.
- 3 years’ experience.
- Computer literate.
A competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidates.
If you believe you meet the above requirements, submit your application letter, up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, names of three (3) traceable referees, day telephone &cell phone numbers as well as email addresses to the postal or email address below.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 11th June, 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Head of Human Resources & Administration
Press Agriculture Limited
Private Bag B352
PAL is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.