SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE FOR FAMILY INDEPENDENCE (SAFI)
SAFI is one of the leading Non-Government Organizations that has been implementing development projects in Malawi since 2007. SAFI has a vision to make all families become self-reliant. Its mission is to empower rural households with knowledge, skills and resources that improve their living standards. SAFI is one of the Partners implementing a Community Nutrition Project called AKULE NDI THANZI. The project is being funded by USAID and Corporate Sector partners (NU Skin Enterprises and P & G). Implementation of AKULE NDI THANZI Project has started in June 2022 and will finish in May 2027. SAFI will implement the agriculture component of the project which seeks to assist households improve their access to nutritious healthy foods.
SAFI invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to join the team that will implement AKULE NDI THANZI project.
Position: Field Officer (13) based in various field offices across the country
Reporting to: Project Manager
The primary function of the Extension Officer is day-to-day implementation of project activities or interventions at community level. S/he will primary be based in the field where SAFI is implementing its projects. In some cases, the Field Officer may be based at SAFI Campus.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Mobilize project beneficiaries to participate in project activities.
- Facilitate training for project beneficiaries in all relevant interventions.
- Provide technical backstopping to project beneficiaries in implementing project activities;
- Liaise and work with the Area Development Committees (ADCs), Village Development Committees(VDCs) and Lead Farmers in promoting project interventions
- Liaise and work with Ministry of Agriculture frontline staff and Field Officers of other project partners in implementation of project activities
- Implement project activities at community level with support from the Cluster Coordinator.
- Represent the interests of SAFI at the community level with different stakeholders e.g. in meetings, field days, agriculture fairs;
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Cluster Coordinator from time to time.
- Collect and SAFI appropriate data at the community level for tracking of project progress;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Project Manager from time to time
- Diploma in Agriculture or any related field
- Good oral and written analytical communication
- Be able to ride a motor cycle
- Willingness to stay in remote areas of the project sites
- Computer literate
- Ability to transfer agricultural knowledge and skills to adults.
- Strong Ethical behavior and maturity with ability to work with rural community members.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multitasks and prioritized workload
Applications with detailed CV that provide traceable records, contact phone numbers and three traceable referees must be forwarded to the following address by the close of business on 28th June,2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. SAFI is an equal opportunity employer and qualified ladies are encouraged to apply.
The Country Director
P. O. Box 146