FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Marble Hill University (MHU) is a private University recognized, registered and accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE). The University is currently offering three programmes;
a) Purpose of the Position
To provide finance and administration support to Marble Hill University. Working closely with the University Accountant, the Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) will play a key role in the operation of the University. The Finance and Administration Officer will have responsibility for financial and administration functions including the management of accounts for the University Council, the financial information required for various funding returns, the day to day financial management as well as undertaking general administration tasks under the supervision of the University Registrar.
b) Main Tasks
- Record, reconciliation and banking all funds received by the University
- Check, process and record all payments, administer invoices and expenses. claims received, code items against agreed budgets and action payments.
- Carry out reconciliations of cash book against bank statements and ensure that they all agree.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets.
- Liaise with and review budgets and expenditure as necessary with University Accountant (UA) and prepare monthly reports and other data as required.
- Assist in the production of financial statements.
- Filing of all accounting records.
Assisting the senior management team (SMT) with recruitment/induction process, including job advertisements, draft job offer letters and contract and filing of such Human Resource (HR) records
- Taking minutes of meetings as required.
Undertake general admin tasks under the direction of SMT e.g dealing with items of correspondence, telephone messages and enquiries and filing.
- Supervision of the Secretary and Office Assistant.
- Keeping student’s records.
Supervision of infrastructural maintenance and the general cleanliness of the Campus.
Carry out other duties as directed from time to time.
Eligible applicants must have a Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Public Administration, and Advanced Diploma in Finance or Administration.
A competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
e) Work Experience
Applicants must have at least five years working experience at similar position in a higher education institution.
f) Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application together with an up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) which should include the names, telephone numbers and e-mail contact details of at least three traceable referees and attach copies of academic and professional qualifications, addressed as follows:
The Chairperson of the University Council
Marble Hill University
P.O Box 537
Applications must be delivered not later than 30th June, 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.