The Beehive Centre for Social Enterprise is a Not-For-Profit Organization located in Chilomoni
Blantyre. Beehive is quietly ending poverty through the creation of social enterprises. These enterprises provide adults with jobs, but crucially also fund childcare and family support for the most vulnerable in the community. We are inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following position:
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Locations : Torrent Plant & Vehicle Hire Campus
Reporting to: MD Logistics and Operations Manager TPVH
- Provide sound financial, and commercial advice to senior management to aid good decision-making.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of Beehive Torrent and Logistics.
- Ensure that the appropriate vision and processes are in place to ensure the long-term
financial viability and staffing needs of Beehive Torrent and Logistics, and advise senior
managers on the financial consequences of proposed actions.
- Lead Beehive Torrent and Logistics financial, and HR planning strategy and budgeting
processes, ensuring the existence of strong processes and ensuring optimal resource allocation and monitoring.
- Ensure Beehive Torrent and Logistics are properly accountable.
- Ensure financial policies and procedures are up to date.
2. Statutory financial management
- Monthly bank reconciliations – produce and obtain sign-off for all Beehive Torrent and
Logistics bank accounts.
- Maintain / Sign off Petty cash for all Beehive Torrent and Logistics and ensure that
Management properly signs off all claims
- Process all authorized purchase invoices and payment vouchers following the financial
- Process / verify all expense claim forms following the financial procedures of Beehive Torrent and Logistics and ensure that Management properly signs off all claims
- Initiate bank payments, Mobile Money transfers/issue cheques for all authorized invoices/
operators. mechanic allowances.
- Issue Sales invoices based on service level agreements (SLA), and ensure all the relevant
paperwork is completed for the plant hire, and all services rendered.
- Report on weekly debt collection, and monitor weekly progress with the Sales team and
senior management to ensure an excellent debt collection record.
- Ensure all creditors are reconciled to statements and paid in line with cash flow forecasts.
- Implement stock control as required for parts & consumables.
- Maintain Asset Register across Beehive Torrent and Logistics and account for depreciation
following accounting policy.
- Resolve customer and supplier queries
- Initiate and monitor accruals and prepayments.
- Ensure appropriate backups of financial information are stored off-site.
- Ensure all taxation dues are filed with MRA and paid on time.
- Be the point of contact with group auditors, on all matters relating to the assigned Beehive
Torrent and Logistics.
3. Producing and presenting financial reports
- Prepare monthly management accounts including P&L budget variance analysis for Beehive
Torrent and Logistics, and Balance Sheet, Debtors & Creditors reports.
- Cash flow forecasting at appropriate intervals.
- Prepare analysis of financial information for monitoring reports when required.
- Prepare monthly payroll and provide payroll reports to advise Managers of costs within their departments.
4. Administration Duties
- Support the Managers in all aspects of HR and Payroll
- To administer the duties of the administration team
- To assist the Senior Management with any other administration duties as required
- Assist in Ad hoc projects as and when required
5. Providing an external interface
- Attend regular meetings with Senior Management and Directors.
Qualifications and Experience Required
• Qualified ACA, CIMA, or ACCA. Qualified by experience will be considered.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A desire to uphold the ethos of the charity and to meet social aims via fair trade
- Experience in Financial Management at a similar level
- Knowledge and experience in HR processes desired
- Knowledge and experience of a proprietary Finance System. Xero is desirable.
- Line management or training of Staff and coordination of those involved in contract support but not directly managed
- Strong organizational skills and experience.
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Ability to challenge and communicate with all levels.
- Personable, with the ability to enthuse and motivate others and enjoy working in a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative and function effectively without immediate support.
- Ability to constantly assess priorities and work flexibly.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
Interested eligible applicants must submit their application, including full Curriculum Vitae (CV) and two traceable references to:
The Human Resources & Administration Manager
P.O. Box 1668
Application Deadline Friday, 9th September, 2022.