REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER 2022
Following the retirement of a successful and well-respected Headteacher, the Governors of Kamuzu Academy are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, passionate Headteacher to lead a vibrant team of teaching and support staff to continue maintaining and improving the long legacy of the school’s academic and extracurricular excellence.
Kamuzu Academy is a selective, co-educational boarding school for students aged 11 to 18 years. The school consistently matches or exceeds local and international averages at IGCSE and GCE A levels.
Kamuzu Academy is one of the few schools in the world that continue to offer classical languages such as Greek and Latin besides English, French and Chinese. The school occupies a large, purpose-built campus, with outstanding academic, recreational and sporting facilities in a stunning environment about 2 hours north of Malawi’s capital city Lilongwe. Our parents value learning and the students are eager to learn.
Kamuzu Academy is a wonderful place for a Headteacher who can:
- Continue to make learning a happy experience for every child
- Value every child and strive to ensure that both students and staff have high aspirations for achievement
- Contribute to maintaining the high standards of social behaviour amongst all students
- Be a positive role model, with the ability to motivate children and staff alike, inspiring all to reach their full potential
- Continue the well-established strong relationships between children, staff, parents, Governors and the local community
- Demonstrate strong leadership and excellent people management skills and an ability to further develop the leadership team
- Demonstrate the drive, experience and creativity to build on our current high standards of teaching, through continuous school improvement.
The Academy offers:
- Competitive local salary, accommodation and educational allowances
- A supportive Governing Body and Parents.
Applicants should have a post-graduate qualification in educational leadership or a relevant education management qualification.
Please submit your application via email, together with your CV to:
The Teaching Appointments Committee
Private Bag 1
Tel: (265) 1 259 288 (265) 999 971 196
Closing date: 30th June 2022.