We have have been retained by our client in the NGO sector to carry out an Executive Search for suitably qualifying persons to fill the position of Human Resources Coordinator tenable at their Country Office in Lilongwe reporting to the Head of MERL with Matrix reporting to NORAD Project Manager. We are inviting interested and qualifying candidates to submit their applications for the post not later than 31 August, 2021, to the address below. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
POSITION: HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
POSITION PURPOSE AND DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for HR administration activities and assist the Country HR Manager in developing and managing human resources for the organization.
The Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for providing support in the various Human Resource functions, which include, but not limited to, recruitment, orientation, training and development. performance monitoring and employee counselling.
The Human Resources Coordinator provides advice and assistance to supervisors and staff. This may include information on training needs and opportunities, job descriptions, performance reviews and human resources policies of the organization.
The position coordinates the staff recruitment process. The Human Resources Coordinator provides advice and support to supervisors and managers and ensures that they have accurate and tinny information n order to make effective decisions.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Contract administration – maintain an oversight on contract periods and initiate discussion on extension review through line managers.
- Benefits administration – Payroll processing and management. •Prepare pension schedules, SACCO deductions, PAYE and Staff Welfare.
- Provide Human Resources support to Program areas and projects by coordinating staff separation process: effect separation communication, exit interviews, and clearance on off-boarding in accordance with policy, procedures and local labour law,
- Undertake maintenance of staff records to prevent loss of information and facilitate easy access of information.
- Assist CHRM in working with heads of departments and project managers In evaluation of new jobs and expanded roles, advising on job design, job descriptions and the correct grading for jobs/participate in reviewing job descriptions and person specifications in accordance with changing job requirements.
- Participate in periodical reviews d HR policies and strategies and employee opinion surveys and mike recommendations for the better running of the department as well as participating In salary reviews and budgeting as may be advised by CHRM.
- Support in organizing people centred events that would bud good working relations among staff. Annual activities organized, w el participated and meet objectives.
- Conduct all other human resources administration activities for the smooth flow of HR functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management or related discipline required
- Minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience across all HR disciplines, including employment, benefits, compensation, employee relations, training and development, workers compensation and conflict resolution.
- HR certification is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentially and professionalism
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to all levels of staff and management, outside officials and agencies, and the public, expressing ideas and instructions clearly and concisely.
- Excellent time-management, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively, professionally and tactfully with a diverse workforce, team leaders, senior staff etc
- Possess a work ethic that includes confidentiality, punctuality and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations a diverse workforce.
- Ability to periodically work extended hours and travel to multiple worksites.
Those who may wish to have a full copy of the Job Descriptions for the two positions should send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MODE OF APPLICATION
Candidates should submit their applications enclosing an up-to date CV and copies d academic and professional certificates to the address below :
Executive Placements — MERL & HRC
Grant Thornton Consulting Limited
Lower Sclater Road, MASM House
P.O. Box 508