POSITION: ICT SUPPORT OFFICER
Grade : D3
Organisational Unit : ICT
Reporting To : Team Leader ICT Support
Duty Station : Head Office
Job Type : Full-time
The Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA), an organization entrusted with the assessment, collection and accounting for tax revenues for the Malawi Government, is inviting applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates to fill vacant positions of ICT Support Officer (s) in the ICT Division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide high quality direct services to ICT Users which includes:
- Friendly, knowledgeable and efficient response to requests, enquiries and issues by staff.
- Follow through on all commitments made to staff in relation to requests, enquiries and issues
- Effective referral of staff to and liaison with other staff where necessary
- Resolve incidents raised by the ICT system users via the service desk process ensuring compliance to all applicable service level agreements
- Support ICT equipment by performing diagnosis of faults to ensure optimum performance of all ICT devices.
- Monitor and support all the corporate software systems
- Maintain and Troubleshoot all network related issues to ensure high performance
- Report any suspected ICT security breaches to the line Manager
- Test and evaluate all new technology including M&E Systems.
- Enhance office automation through appropriate upgrades and advise Operations Unit on changes or improvements required.
- Maintaining an inventory of computer hardware (ICT Equipment) and software.
ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to communicate effective both verbally and written.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively unsupervised and within a team environment
- Ability to resolve problems in a timely and efficient manner
- Previous experience in providing ICT support services
- Ability to contribute to ongoing system improvements and expansion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Information Management Systems or its equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years ICT Support work experience.
Successful candidates before being appointed will undergo an extensive background check of their integrity.
Only when the vetting exercise is favourable will the Authority make the appointment.
Interested candidates should submit their application through MRA recruitment portal: https://careers.mra.mw.
Closing date for receiving applications is 27th September 2021.