Export Development Fund (EDF) is a development finance institution (DFI) mandated to promote the growth as well as diversification of the country’s exports. EDF’s mission is to accelerate structural transformation in Malawi through various funded and non-funded interventions availed to businesses in growth sectors of the economy. EDF also plays a leading role in job creation by investing in ambitious projects and initiatives with the aim of enhancing the competitiveness of Malawi’s exports.
EDF’s young and dynamic team is motivated towards the collective goal of transforming Malawis exporting sector for accelerated economic development.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an energetic and innovative individual to join EDF. We are therefore inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
INTERNAL AUDIT SPECIALIST
Internal Audit Specialist will be responsible for setting up the maiden internal audit function for the Fund. Part of the process of setting up the audit function will involve developing the internal audit charter, policies, audit plans, standard work programs, and work papers.
The Internal Audit Specialist’s responsibilities shall include, but not limited to the following:
- Define and document the internal audit purpose and mission, authority, responsibility, independent reporting relationships, and scope.
- Develop risk-based audit plans and resource estimates.
- Execute independent audit testing and ensure that they are timely and accurate
- Communicate results of audit work to the right audiences, at the right time, using appropriate reporting tools.
- Implement a program of continuous monitoring through bilateral meetings with stakeholders, participation in business governance forums, ongoing analyses of business risk profiles, and delivery of continuous monitoring reports.
- Maintain and enhance stakeholder relationships through regular bilateral meetings, appropriate questions in business risk governance forums, and keeping in touch with business, regulatory, and industry developments.
- Keep abreast of change/new development of regulatory requirements that are relevant to the Fund.
- Assist management in dealing with the risk of fraud by conducting fraud\u00a0risk assessments, and preliminary fraud incident reviews.
Qualifications and core requisite competencies
- University degree in internal auditing, accountancy, banking, economics, or equivalent.
- Professional certification such as CA, CIA, CISA
- Not less than 5 years of external or internal auditing and risk management experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit or risk management methodologies and supporting tools.
- Strong understanding of the financial regulatory environment. Those with knowledge around Basel Accord rules or the Malawi Development Finance Institution (DFI) directives will be an added advantage.
Mode of application
Interested candidates should submit their applications clearly indicating the position together with detailed CV and names of three (3) traceable referees by close of business, Friday 19th August 2022 via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should be addressed to:
The Acting Managing Director,
Export Development Fund Limited,
First Floor, Public Service Pension Trust Fund,
Presidential Way Drive,
P.O. Box 30063,