LifeCo Asset Management Limited invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to take on the post of Investment Officer tenable at its Head Office in Blantyre.
Reporting to the Investment Manager, the successful candidate will play a critical role in assisting the Investment Manager in handling client portfolios, coordinating the operations in the company, assist in growing client’s funds under management, and providing key insights to the investment strategy for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the post will among others include the following:
- Ensure compliance with individual client investment mandates/agreements, maintain sound business practices and adherence to the Financial Services Act 2010, the Securities Act 2010, and all Financial Services Directives therein
- Engaging with clients and managing counterparty and market investments in line with regulations as well as firm policies and strategy
- Handling all aspects of client investment reporting, client instructions and reconciliations.
- Collecting, interpreting, and reviewing investment market information
- Preparing Board packs for Investments, Capital Management Solvency and Asset/Liability Committee.
- Producing regular Investment Reports to investors and Trustees.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and targets in a high-pressure setting
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance. Those working towards a CFA will have an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in the investment management industry.
Interested candidates should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing
date for receiving applications is Friday, 22nd July, 2022.